Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Masters 2021

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,300 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Something off with the app. Seen So Woo Kim going well so watched his fourth hole, seen his tee shot hit the green and him holing the birdie putt, then it shows him missing a putt and he's down for having a four.
    Then watched Koepka's first hole and he's wearing a white tee shirt and brown cap but on sky he had a different putt wearing a pink hat.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,949 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Definitely issues with the app but it's better than nothing, tv coverage is terrible.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 2,908 ✭✭✭The Big Easy

Roger_007 wrote: »
    I heard Butch Harmon saying that Augusta is essentially a second shot course. With the distance they are all hitting the ball these days, it boils down to a wedge-and-putt competition. Whoever has the best wedge and putting stats will probably win. I would rule out Rory on this basis. I think it’s between Speith, Thomas and DJ.
    DeChambeau may have learned his lesson last year and dial down his tee shots. In Augusta, position off the tee is much more relevant than distance. Bryson could spring a surprise by playing a more conservative game which he has shown signs of recently.

It matters if it's your second or third shot with the wedge though ;)

So, is Rory not in the featured groups? Thought he was, but looks like they're showing Brooks' and DJ's.

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭frink

Course appears to be very firm already. -9/-10 could be enough to win it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,906 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

I don't think Rory will see saturday to be honest

I dunno.

He is actually very good around Augusta. He obviously has a big mental hangup about winning it, but he always seems one bad round away from being right in the mix.

His record at the Masters since 2014:
    T8
    T10
    T7
    T5
    T21
    T5

So much focus on the fact that he hasn't won it yet, but the above shows he is one of the best around Augusta

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Seen a couple of shanks already from a few players. Nice to see

I dunno.

He is actually very good around Augusta. He obviously has a big mental hangup about winning it, but he always seems one bad round away from being right in the mix.

His record at the Masters since 2014:
    T8
    T10
    T7
    T5
    T21
    T5

So much focus on the fact that he hasn't won it yet, but the above shows he is one of the best around Augusta

He's started well, seems to have pulled back the speed a bit. Some decent irons and good speed on the greens

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭Paddy1234

Just turned on expecting to see Rory in the featured groups. He was supposed to be there but no sign.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭BrianJD

Sorry if this has been asked already but is it possible to buy sky sports just for a weekend? I have the normal sky package.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,760 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

That putt from Woods on the 9th in 2019 must be one of the best lag putts ever

• Registered Users Posts: 7,760 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

Paddy1234 wrote: »
    Just turned on expecting to see Rory in the featured groups. He was supposed to be there but no sign.

It was announced yesterday that his group wouldn't feature, I was surprised to be honest

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭com1

BrianJD wrote: »
    Sorry if this has been asked already but is it possible to buy sky sports just for a weekend? I have the normal sky package.

Now TV will give you a day pass for €10 or a month for ~€20 (don't forget to cancel!)

Another shout for now tv. I have used it a lot for Golf.

BrianJD wrote: »

Am watching on Now TV, pretty good solution, just get a month pass, probably on an introductory offer

Have DJ and West lost a hole and a half through 9?! :O

Edit: there's a group in between, my bad!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭strassenwo!f

Surely this is the year when the organisers will take Sandy Lyle gently aside for a quiet word, after he cards an 81 and will miss the cut yet again.

One top ten finish - the year he won it - in 40 attempts.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,636 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Really poor three put from Rory on 9

• Registered Users Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    Really poor three put from Rory on 9

Rory in the water at 13..............looks like he’s heading for a weekend watching from his armchair.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭magic17

Surely this is the year when the organisers will take Sandy Lyle gently aside for a quiet word, after he cards an 81 and will miss the cut yet again.

Won't be too far away from Rory though :)

• Advertisement

And sky always give him a mention and go on as if we should be excited to see him out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,324 ✭✭✭PokeHerKing

I know what id tell them if I were Sandy.

• Registered Users Posts: 517 ✭✭✭benji79

Surely as a past winner he’s earned the right to be there regardless of what score he shoots. Considering his age and all that 81 isn’t too shocking. There’s a few others who might not beat him yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,949 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Surely sky should be showing this in 4k in 2021.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 38,300 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

benji79 wrote:
    Surely as a past winner he’s earned the right to be there regardless of what score he shoots. Considering his age and all that 81 isn’t too shocking. There’s a few others who might not beat him yet!
    Fully agree, it's one of the many things that makes Augusta great.
    He's a two time major winner and it's nice to see those guys get a chance to play where they had one of their greatest triumphs.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,444 ✭✭✭TheCitizen

Terrible coverage on TV. I'm tracking Shane's shots on here https://www.masters.com/en_US/players/player_33204.html?promo=bio_lb

• Registered Users Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

eagle eye wrote: »
    Fully agree, it's one of the many things that makes Augusta great.
    He's a two time major winner and it's nice to see those guys get a chance to play where they had one of their greatest triumphs.

The Masters is an invitational tournament run by a private club. They can invite whoever they want.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭Degag

If you think that's bad, it's not long ago there were lads well into their 70's shooting scores in the 80s/90s every year.

Before they brought in the 65 year limit.

Which i didn't like. Because as others have said, these guys earnt the right to go out and shoot 80/90.

It's what sets the Masters apart.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭Doyler92

Anybody know a place to check if there has been a hole in one yet and who got one if so? Don’t want to check through everybody’s score card.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭Degag

Doyler92 wrote: »
    Anybody know a place to check if there has been a hole in one yet and who got one if so? Don’t want to check through everybody’s score card.

Just Google "Hole in One Masters" and i'm sure it will tell you!

DOn't think there has been.

Advertisement