Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Masters 2021

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

So is there a rule about retrospecively applying penaltys when evidence is uncovered (e.g. via TV camera) ?

I would say often the player is not even aware of it happening. This case with Ancer being one.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,385 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

and reed got away with his sand castle building in a different tournament, monty too was some man for cheating in bunkers

Far far easier to call out a Mexican than an American

• Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

So is there a rule about retrospecively applying penaltys when evidence is uncovered (e.g. via TV camera) ?

I would say often the player is not even aware of it happening. This case with Ancer being one.

Yeah Hovland got done at The Players a few weeks ago too. Moved his marker out of JTs way so he could putt and then never moved it back. In that case though he brought the video to the PGA and they penalised him two shots then.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,011 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

and reed got away with his sand castle building in a different tournament, monty too was some man for cheating in bunkers

Not sure he got away with it? Didn't he get a 2 stroke penalty?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭ThewhiteJesus

Not sure he got away with it? Didn't he get a 2 stroke penalty?

yes eventually got a two shot pen i think, but it was a clear cheat he should have been dq'd.
    He has a history of it going back to his college days all the players hate him for it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭Doyler92

Is there anywhere to see the leaderboard at the end of each round from the Masters in November?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Frisbee wrote: »
    Yeah Hovland got done at The Players a few weeks ago too. Moved his marker out of JTs way so he could putt and then never moved it back. In that case though he brought the video to the PGA and they penalised him two shots then.

I saw that one. His mum rang him while he was in the car park and asked if he had been penalised. That was the first he knew of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭dball

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭ClutchIt

Jaysus that Ancer one is super super harsh.
    If they looked at every bunker shot from yday in that detail there must be 5 or 6 lads who'd get a penalty.

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭ClutchIt

That was most entertaining round of golf I've watched in years yesterday. Excellent set up.

• Advertisement

ClutchIt wrote: »
    That was most entertaining round of golf I've watched in years yesterday. Excellent set up.

For a Thursday it was very good alright. Some excellent play and greens proving tricky. Just hope Rose doesn't surge ahead moreso

• Registered Users Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

I’m sure the greens are super smooth but on TV they look a bit like my front lawn after the ravages of the winter. The 18th looks particularly bad. I’m surprised that the Augusta National boffins haven’t come up with some way of of making the greens look better on TV. They put so much effort into making the rest of the course look absolutely perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,767 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

Doyler92 wrote: »
    Is there anywhere to see the leaderboard at the end of each round from the Masters in November?

They should have it on the 2020 masters wiki page, they usually have the leaderboards at the end of each round

• Registered Users Posts: 9,536 ✭✭✭TheCitizen

Lowry playing with leader Justin Rose today so maybe they'll show the odd shot on TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,767 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

TheCitizen wrote: »
    Lowry playing with leader Justin Rose today so maybe they'll show the odd shot on TV.

That's a featured group I believe so we should see the majority of his shots

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭Nozebleed

TheCitizen wrote: »

had a look at the scores early this morning on BBC's website. Lowry not even mentioned..a host of other so called notable players including McIlroy got their rounds highlighted..but not the 2019 Open Champion. embarrassing. i hope he has another solid round today..and rose falls apart..lol (revenge)

• Registered Users Posts: 38,529 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Roger_007 wrote:
    I would have expected all the quarantine hotels to have been closed by 3pm yesterday. Do the government seriously think they can defy the great Joe Duffy!

Interesting, what relationship has this to the Masters?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,886 ✭✭✭Russman

Very harsh.

Interesting that they penalised him though, I thought it might have come under:

https://www.randa.org/en/rog/2019/rules/the-rules-of-golf/rule-20#20-2c

Applying “Naked Eye” Standard When Using Video Evidence
    When the Committee is deciding questions of fact in making a ruling, the use of video evidence is limited by the “naked eye” standard:

If the facts shown on the video could not reasonably have been seen with the naked eye, that video evidence will be disregarded even if it indicates a breach of the Rules.
    But even where video evidence is disregarded under the “naked eye” standard, a breach of the Rules will still be found if the player was otherwise aware of facts establishing a breach (such as where the player felt the club touch sand in a bunker even though that could not be seen by the naked eye).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,886 ✭✭✭Russman

Nozebleed wrote: »
    had a look at the scores early this morning on BBC's website. Lowry not even mentioned..a host of other so called notable players including McIlroy got their rounds highlighted..but not the 2019 Open Champion. embarrassing. i hope he has another solid round today..and rose falls apart..lol (revenge)

If Rose was to throw in a 70 or 69 this morning he'd put a lot of players out of it almost before they've teed off for round 2. Can't really see it though, I think 6/8 under wins come Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

eagle eye wrote: »
    Interesting, what relationship has this to the Masters?

None.......posted in wrong thread.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭ThewhiteJesus

the shot tracker on the masters website is really good i must say, nice bird from Mcintyre there

• Registered Users Posts: 3,621 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

Wiseburger on fire, - 5 thru 8

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Players have to take advantage of the first 3 holes as 4-7 look really hard.

4 is 240 odd yards, 5 is hardest hole on course, pin on 6 is barely on the top shelf and the pin on 7 is just on the green.

Although some round from Wiesberger so far. He was 5/5 on cuts made at the masters coming

• Registered Users Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭eggy81

Is there any way of watching proper coverage rather than just 2 groups shots.

eggy81 wrote: »

Not quite the same, but Masters app/website you can see all shots.

Rose allowing people back into it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,826 ✭✭✭monkeybutter

this is good, 3 holes, 2 of the best holes on the course and you can just watch all players go through rather than flipping around

the best drive and the best par 3 and the best 2nd shot

Another bogey for Rose and Lowry

• Registered Users Posts: 21,230 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Proper/traditional coverage isn't allowed to start until 8pm our time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭B-D-P--

Why does eir sports not show live morning but does for afternoon?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,414 ✭✭✭kowloonkev

Been watching on the APP but it's kind of relentless and would drive you a bit mental with no breaks or commentary. Though it is good to check in and out of now and then.

The course looks like it hasn't recovered from November.

Advertisement