Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Masters 2021

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭ridonkulous

PARlance wrote: »
    Commentators were incorrect in stating Kim cannot use his damaged putter weren't they?

I think the rule is if it is damaged in play i.e. while playing a shot you can use it for the rest of the round. If it is damaged in anger then you can't use it again. But it was a recent enough change so not 100% on it.

Edit: Nope, according to the USGA site he can keep using it even if he damaged it in anger.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,595 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Kim looks like a man who has putted extensively with his 3 wood

• Registered Users Posts: 8,587 ✭✭✭Speak Now

PARlance wrote: »
    Commentators were incorrect in stating Kim cannot use his damaged putter weren't they?

Yeah I think they changed it so he can but its unlikely you'd want to depending on the damage I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Mac_Lad71

Brian Harman one off the lead.

Not the stereotypical golfing athlete..love to see him win.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,172 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

I think the rule is if it is damaged in play i.e. while playing a shot you can use it for the rest of the round. If it is damaged in anger then you can't use it again. But it was a recent enough change so not 100% on it.

Edit: Nope, according to the USGA site he can keep using it even if he damaged it in anger.

Yip it was part of the recent changes.

They sounded so convincing when they were saying it.

https://www.usga.org/content/usga/home-page/rules-hub/rules-modernization/major-changes/use-of-clubs-damaged-during-round.html

• Advertisement

Any truth to the rumor that Rahm only got there on Wednesday and had a child?

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 21,350 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Dustin is saying goodbye early too so

• Registered Users Posts: 7,760 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

Interesting leaderboard.

Looking forward to seeing how Zalatoris gets on tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 2,999 ✭✭✭DellyBelly

Mac_Lad71 wrote: »
    Brian Harman one off the lead.

Not the stereotypical golfing athlete..love to see him win.

Yeah.. He looks like he's a dwarf. How tall is he?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

Interesting leaderboard.

Looking forward to seeing how Zalatoris gets on tomorrow

I think that he he is the most laid-back player out there. He’s been hanging around the higher end of leaderboards for a good while now. His attitude is brilliant and while I don’t think he’ll win, I would expect him to finish in the top five on Sunday.

• Advertisement

DellyBelly wrote: »

Yeah.. He looks like he's a dwarf. How tall is he?

Height: 6'2''

Width: About half a foot by the look of him

Matt Wolff has been DQ'd for signing an incorrect scorecard apparently. Would've missed the cut anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 11,369 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Matt Wolff has been DQ'd for signing an incorrect scorecard apparently. Would've missed the cut anyway

Something funny up with him lately. Didn’t he WD in the WGC the other week too?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭billy3sheets

I'd say he's trying to avoid getting a 0.1 back :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,582 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

Rose must be sick with 72,everyone else out early in with, 66,67,68s,ps:it was a good 72

I'd say he's trying to avoid getting a 0.1 back :)

Under the new handicapping system he would probably be due a couple shots back based on his recent results.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 38,300 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Brian Harman the only player with two rounds in the 60's.

fullstop wrote: »
    Something funny up with him lately. Didn’t he WD in the WGC the other week too?

He did and he WD'd at the Farmers a few weeks before that too. Definitely something up with him

• Registered Users Posts: 34,117 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

That drive by Champ at the 18th was ridiculous.

Bunkers? What Bunkers?:pac:

Anyone from Evens still in with a shout but The Masters has always been a tough course to come from a bit behind.

Going be great weekend. Speith looks the best bet but you just can never be sure with history of this place.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,609 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Rose must be sick with 72,everyone else out early in with, 66,67,68s,ps:it was a good 72

72 a good return after a miracle first round.

If he’s sick with it he’d have a pathetic mentality (which we know he doesn’t have)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,300 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Anyone from Evens still in with a shout but The Masters has always been a tough course to come from a bit behind.
    Just in that.
    Biggest deficit a winner has come back from after the first round is 7 shots, jointly held by Nick Faldo and Tiger Woods who were both former Champions.
    Biggest deficit after two and three rounds was eight shots by Jack Burke jr. in 1956 when he won to majors.

So if you were to stay inside those parameters the following is the list who can win it this year.
    Rose
    Zalatoris
    Harman
    Leishman
    Spieth
    Kim
    Champ
    Matsuyama
    Schauffele
    Hughes
    Lowry
    Thompson
    Rahm
    Reed

I don't think I've missed anybody.

It looked like it was going to be a 76 after 6 or 7 holes. I’d say he’s delighted with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,582 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

fullstop wrote:
    It looked like it was going to be a 76 after 6 or 7 holes. I’d say he’s delighted with it.

I know, that's why I said it was a good 72

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Set up beautifully for a cracking weekend with plenty of storylines to follow.

Hope the thunderstorms stay away today but the wind stays. Could lead to an even tighter leaderboard then.

While Rose is a proven winner he hasn’t won in a while and has struggled in closing this major out a few times so I’m looking at Speith and Thomas to be the two main challengers. Them two in final group would be great viewing tomorrow.

Not much talk about Xander too. Big time player and look to him to jump right into the mix.

Set up beautifully for a cracking weekend with plenty of storylines to follow.

Hope the thunderstorms stay away today but the wind stays. Could lead to an even tighter leaderboard then.

While Rose is a proven winner he hasn’t won in a while and has struggled in closing this major out a few times so I’m looking at Speith and Thomas to be the two main challengers. Them two in final group would be great viewing tomorrow.

Not much talk about Xander too. Big time player and look to him to jump right into the mix.

Don’t rule out Zalatoris. He seems to have the right temperament and attitude to deal with this type of pressure.

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭ClutchIt

Is there any way to see the early action on telly today or tomorrow?

I know, that's why I said it was a good 72

You said he’d be sick with it as well. Bit of a contradiction so.

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭mjsc1970

ClutchIt wrote: »

Maybe not quite what you're looking for, but, YouTube (on the telly if web enabled) has been showing Amen Corner the whole week. Wouldn't say it's overly exciting but you will see the whole field play these holes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,908 ✭✭✭The Big Easy

Tee on the third pushed up a bit today, 350yrds.

Bogey for Shane after driving it up just short. Don't know why the guys get suckered into trying to hit it on or close every year. The amount of bogies that come from just being short of that green in one is huge.

Edit: No it's been 350 all three days, maybe a helping breeze today. Still reckon a full second yields the best results on average.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,949 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

ClutchIt wrote: »

Live coverage starts at 8, until then you will have to make do with the app, featured groups and amen corner.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Advertisement