If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3.1.2 atmos sound bar with option to add rear speakers?

Options
  • 05-04-2021 3:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Hi, Since moving and not having room for my surround sound and amp I was looking at soundbars,I have seen the LG SN8YG 3.1.2 which would then give me the option to add rear speakers later down the line with their SPK8-S add on but I’m having trouble finding it here. Is there anything which would be equivalent,support eARC and have the option for adding read speakers at a later date in around the £500 or less price tag? I did look at the SL8YG on your site but it doesn’t seem to support eARC (and more to the point,do I need eARC for 5.1.2 if I got the additional speakers?)

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,276 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

batfin wrote: »
    Hi, Since moving and not having room for my surround sound and amp I was looking at soundbars,I have seen the LG SN8YG 3.1.2 which would then give me the option to add rear speakers later down the line with their SPK8-S add on but I’m having trouble finding it here. Is there anything which would be equivalent,support eARC and have the option for adding read speakers at a later date in around the £500 or less price tag? I did look at the SL8YG on your site but it doesn’t seem to support eARC (and more to the point,do I need eARC for 5.1.2 if I got the additional speakers?)
    Hey Batfin.

The SN8 has finished as far as I know unfortunately.

The SL8YG doesn't have eARC unfortunately. 
    However the blurb for ARC and eARC is as follows:
    eARC, or enhanced Audio [font=arial, sans-serif]Return [/font]Channel. While Dolby Atmos can be passed over regular ARC today (via Dolby Digital Plus) eARC offers improved bandwidth for higher-quality Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD Master Audio streams, including Atmos. The new format also has lip-sync compensation built-in

So to get the best from Dolby Atmos you do require eARC.

You could also check out the Sony HTZF9 priced at £499 but again is only ARC.
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-203249-sony-htzf9-soundbar.aspx

To get eARC you would need to go up to the Samsung HWQ70T coming in at £549
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-204680-samsung-hwq70t-3-1-2ch-cinematic-soundbar-with-dolby-atmos-and-dts-x.aspx

Let me know your thoughts.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.