Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Renting with pets

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,513 ✭✭✭✭Dav010

There is nothing in legislation requiring information about pets to be in writing.

It's that simple.

Apparently the tenant’s lease stated permission did have to be “in writing” though, which the RTB interprets to exclude emails, isn’t that what we are discussing? I’ve lost track (and the will to live) with this/you.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,967 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Dav010 wrote: »
    Apparently the tenant’s lease stated permission did have to be “in writing” though, which the RTB interprets to exclude emails, isn’t that what we are discussing? I’ve lost track (and the will to live) with this/you.

The RTB only interprets excluding of emails specifically in relation to notices to quit. The RTB does not interpret excluding of emails in relation to other forms of communications.

Regardless, RTB doesn't get to rewrite other laws by 'interpreting'.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭Buddy Bubs

I've 2 labrador dogs and had them from pups, aged 6 and 1 now. So 1 is still a pup really. They've done a bit of damage, not much but a bit. Recent lad chewed cushions, shoes and destroyed a set of wooden blinds for the craic. They could have went for couch or other furniture but didn't thankfully. I absolutely love dogs and I like cats too, I would rent to someone that has them but I'd insist on a double deposit.

As an aside, I rented out my house for a year once and the agent I used made a point of not renting to families with small kids because of damage they could cause! In private to me he said that.

Advertisement