Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to buy PC Cases

Options
  • 05-04-2021 6:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Can anyone recommend legit Irish based companies selling PC cases? Finding a lot who seems to be based in the UK and dont want to pay post Brexit customs charges. Was about to buy one from Customspc.ie but I'm reconsidering my options after reading reviews here!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Amazon.co.uk is registered properly so you won't get double charged.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭Citrus_8

Amazon.co.uk is registered properly so you won't get double charged.
    Assuming there's not customs charge for PC cases, same as PC's and other PC parts...

Also, need to pay attention, as only Amazon.co.uk original is charging the Irish VAT while 3rd party sellers on the Amazon marketplace may charge UK VAT which you indeed mean a nearly double charge...

Original Amazon seller show due taxes so it's very convenient, just need to pay attention to what VAT has been applied.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,411 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

maxburns.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭PuddingBreath

i used maxburns last year for the first time, got processor, mobo, ram. all arrive pretty promptly, i had a query on the ram, it wasn't the exact spec as listed(timings were slower than advertized, although if i had websearched it i would have realized they had the wrong timings up), they offered a solution.
    only slight gripe is that after i ordered i asked about possible delivery date, just to ensure i was at home and have a general idea but got no reply about that. as i say, it came pretty promptly anyway. would use again. i found them were cheapest too(over the likes of komplette etc).

Advertisement