Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My Tenancy Isn't Registered with RTB -- How much notice do I need to give to end it?

Options
  • 05-04-2021 7:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭

I pay over 1k a month for my apartment, and I have been here for nearly a year. Due to changing life circumstances, I will be leaving soon. I am wondering if I have any obligations to the landlord in terms of notice if my tenancy is not registered? The relationship is amicable, so I will probably end up giving more notice than required. However I am still curious what my responsibilities are in this situation. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Baby01032012

If you give notice before it reaches 12 months it’s 35 days for the tenant 42 days after 12 months. Not being registered with rtb has no bearing. Once you are there six months it’s a part Iv tenancy and the rta rights and obligations apply. Not all registered tenancies appear on the rtb register anyway.

Advertisement