Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Matching paint colour? Can shops do it with a sample?

• 05-04-2021 8:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,123 ✭✭✭

I've done a bit of renovations and need to touch up some interior wall paint. I have parts of a wall that were removed and the paint on it, if I bring that into B&Q or another paint store, will they be able to match it for me? It's the only paint I have in the house that I didn't keep a tin of and I can't find it now. Originally purchased in B&Q, I was fairly sure it was dulux but I can't find a match now.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 556 ✭✭✭Fine Cheers

Some paint stores can scan a colour and provide a match, pretty sure Dulux outlets can. Not sure if it will be identical and is bound to come with some qualifier. Is it an option to paint entire area ? Depending on how long it was since painted originally, even touching up with identical paint can show up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,840 ✭✭✭...Ghost...

You will need to paint the full all or even an identical colour match will show through the touchup.

Stay Free

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,372 ✭✭✭phormium

Homebase used to have a machine that did that, don't know if they still do it.

Either way I agree with above that if the paint is on the way any decent length of time then even the very same colour can look different. I had to repaint a bit of my kitchen lately due to some work and had a tin of the original colour and it's even different! Looks lighter and brighter than the original paint job, ended up having to paint the full wall, you can get away with slightly different on adjoining walls rather than spot fixes.

Advertisement