Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Floristry - Wages??

Options
  • 05-04-2021 8:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi all, I'm considering making the switch and taking up floristry. I had suspected the hourly rate would be lower than my present wage but when I started looking at job adverts I was disappointed to see some barely pay above the minimum wage, or e10.00/11.00/12.00 an hour, however most don't advertise their rates. Would these rates be normally higher or are these particular companies just chancers/exploiting?
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭job seeker

I don't know anything about floristry. However, from looking at jobs on indeed there, it would appear you are right in what you say,

Trainee florist - 1025p/h

Experienced florist - 13-14p/h

I think if it's something you have your heart set on, money shouldn't really be a MAJOR factor.

I think you have two choices: (1.) Do a course in floristry and gain experience and then employment that way. Or (2.) go in as a trainee part-time every Saturday or most Saturdays to gain experience. I assume floristry is something you could achieve promotion in pretty quickly once you get the hang of it. There is options of becoming a manager in a florist or opening your own shop and then money wouldn't be an issue then.

Advertisement