Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which social media are popular in Ireland?

Options
  • 06-04-2021 11:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Hello

I am about searching a bit about social media popularity in Ireland.

I want to know which social media are popular among people aged 30 - 70 years?

The reason I want know it is If I start an advertising for Ireland will it reach more people by Facebook or Instagram?

I will appreciate your advice.:)

Which one you use mostly? 11 votes

Facebook
    90% 10 votes
    Instagram
    9% 1 vote

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

IPSOS MRBI publish data on this, though they don't seem to have updated it recently:
    https://www.ipsos.com/en-ie/social-networking-and-messaging-trackers-december-2019

You'll also find data from the CSO - again mostly from 2019

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭markmoto

facebook and instagram same thing owned by facebook.
    The poll needs more options.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭MouseMan01

shil.mar wrote: »
    Hello

I am about searching a bit about social media popularity in Ireland.

I want to know which social media are popular among people aged 30 - 70 years?

The reason I want know it is If I start an advertising for Ireland will it reach more people by Facebook or Instagram?

I will appreciate your advice.:)

Firstly you need to refine your target market a little better than Irish people 30 - 70. You should really do some proper market segmentation research on your customers and their pain points broken down into behavioural, psychological, geographical and psychographic.

What is your business going to be selling? If you are just starting out. Then Pay Per Click (PPC) advertising should be the last thing on your mind.

I don't really know where to start...

You'll need a proper website or landing page first with info about your offer.

Only use PPC ads once you've decided that ...

A) You have more money than time. Otherwise go down the content creation route.
    B) You can't wait for results.
    C) You are regularly posting to social media and have revised your profile.

And like I stated before, you at least have a landing page to send prospects to.

The best PPC ads on the social networks come from your own regular social media posts that garner lots of engagements, shares and comments. So start there.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 shil.mar

MouseMan01 wrote: »
    Firstly you need to refine your target market a little better than Irish people 30 - 70. You should really do some proper market segmentation research on your customers and their pain points broken down into behavioural, psychological, geographical and psychographic.

What is your business going to be selling? If you are just starting out. Then Pay Per Click (PPC) advertising should be the last thing on your mind.

I don't really know where to start...

You'll need a proper website or landing page first with info about your offer.

Only use PPC ads once you've decided that ...

A) You have more money than time. Otherwise go down the content creation route.
    B) You can't wait for results.
    C) You are regularly posting to social media and have revised your profile.

And like I stated before, you at least have a landing page to send prospects to.

The best PPC ads on the social networks come from your own regular social media posts that garner lots of engagements, shares and comments. So start there.

I sure choose target when I give advertisement. But my question was about what is actually most popular in Ireland.

I will give you an example, I lived in Norway and there Facebook was a really social and communication platform than Instagram. But in Turkey I see Facebook is a bit "old" trend and people not using it daily.
    That is why I asked specially these platforms..
    And since I advertise for dental clinic I couldn't think any better platforms than these beside google ads. :) But thank you for your explanations and advises. :)

markmoto wrote: »
    facebook and instagram same thing owned by facebook.
    The poll needs more options.

I Already use Google ads, but I am open for suggestions :)

• Advertisement

I Already use Google ads, but I am open for suggestions :)

under what category is your advertisements?

under what category is your advertisements?

I am not sure I understand it right.:o But for Dental tourism I thought maybe pictures could be more effective to promote from Instagram or Facebook or?

I am not sure I understand it right.:o But for Dental tourism I thought maybe pictures could be more effective to promote from Instagram or Facebook or?

Dental tourism to what destination (country)?
    For implants or usual root canal treatments?

Dental tourism to what destination (country)?
    For implants or usual root canal treatments?

To Turkey, For all kinds of treatment. But Implant and Cosmetic dentistry have more demands.

To Turkey, For all kinds of treatment. But Implant and Cosmetic dentistry have more demands.

Years back dental companies from Hungary (EU) advertised on radio etc with low demand outcome.
    to my understanding, people preferred dental clinics locally for fear of side effects (implants) or what if something goes wrong.

• Advertisement

Taking a long view of the past, there was a 50% chance, when you drove into THAT boreen of a single street town with a phone booth, petrol station church and pub, that you would see some shop with a facebook f on the wall. I don't recall any such sign with Instagram (I'm sure they do exist)

• Registered Users Posts: 44 orla.mccormack

Instagram, Snapchat, Twitter and Facebook are the main ones in Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Luisa66

Instagram and Facebook

Advertisement