Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir to Voda FTTH

Options
  • 06-04-2021 1:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

My brother has Eir FTTH and signed up to switch to Vodafone FTTH, so hoping all was needed was to post a new router and everything would be transferred seamlessly.

KN are trying to book an installation with him, but he cannot work from home, so is on the road with his job currently, so it is hard for him to stay and wait for someone.

My brother tried to explain that as he already has FTTH installed, why does someone physically need to call out? He has been told that the KN tech needs to install the modem and it cannot be done by self-install?

Does this sound a bit odd? When I switched from Eir FTTH to Digiweb FTTH, they just posted the modem to me and I switched it over...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Shyboy

So, KN have arranged to call out this morning and install the Vodafone Router.

Still find it odd that the tech has to physically call when it is just a change of provider, but it is what it is...:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Not the first poster to flag this, seems like there's mass confusion about service transfers.

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Tweaky

@ Shyboy - how did this go in the end - was it just a straightforward swap over or was there some downtime - looking to do the same move from Eir FTTH to vodafone FTTH but we are working from home and need to ensure that there is no downtime between providers.

Advertisement