Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Large Window Manufacturers

Options
  • 06-04-2021 2:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭

Would anyone be able to suggest manufaturers of Large Windows and their experiences?

Looking for a Triple Glazed window (with no seams) 4500mm long x 2032mm high

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 263 ✭✭PatrickSmithUS

Munster Joinery could probably sort it for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭patsryan

Unfortunatley not Patrick, the max they can do is 3700mm.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,033 ✭✭✭Casati

Munster Joinery could probably sort it for you.

I couldn’t get a single window that big from MJ

• Registered Users Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Dudda

You can't get glazing that size in one sheet in tripple glazing to my knowledge. I've gotten them about 3.2 and 3.5 but never bigger in one piece and did a lot of research at the time. Even at 3.5m you're having to look carefully at the thickness of the layers you use and the proportion of width to height. Using 8mm instead of 6mm for example on each piece of the three layers adds hundreds of additional kg's. The weight becomes a big issue as does transport. In the past I've coordinated with window manufactures and designed the ope to the maximum size of glass I could get and safely crane into place. I've reduced the width of huge windows by over a meter to avoid having a joint or seam and really glad I did. I'd suggest you go this route. Don't settle for a joint and reduce the ope if needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭davo2001

Have you tried Carey Glass?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭VANG1

Reynaers.ie

Advertisement