Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Export Credit Card transactions to Excel

Options
  • 06-04-2021 8:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭

Hi

For the past number of years I have used Card Care to export my credit card transactions to Excel for analysis. This does not seem to be possible through Banking 365, either via the app or online. How can I do this now that Card Care has been withdrawn? Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Richard F

Hi

For the past number of years I have used Card  Care to export my credit card transactions to Excel for analysis. This does not seem to be possible through Banking 365, either via the app or online. How can I do this now that Card Care has been withdrawn?  Thanks in advance.
    Hi WicklowTiger,

Thanks for reaching out to us here today on Boards.ie.

Some Card Care services such as this would not currently be available on 365. We will be further enhancing the servicing capability of the BOI App throughout 2021. We appreciate your interest in this service and will certainly share this feedback with our development team. Feel free to get back in touch if we can help with anything else.

Thanks,
    Richard

• Registered Users Posts: 48 zarker

I was also disappointed that I can no longer export my credit card transactions to excel.

The ability to export my transactions is a cornerstone of my budget process and financial planning. I would consider switching banks just for this feature - and I say that knowing of all the pain of moving direct debits, etc. I have my BOI account for 16 years.

It's 2021, please fix!

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭WicklowTiger

Agree. It's probably easy enough to move our credit card business to another provider though. Must look into that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 12thMonkey

I have verbally signalled my complete dissatisfaction at the reduction in service from bank of Ireland caused by this change, but I have got no sense that they plan to do anything about it. Although it is convenient to have my BOI credit card on the same view, Avantcard offer the functionality I need and I will have to move my business to them. i absolutely need to export my transactions for family budget planning.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 coughp

Hi

I complained officially to BOI and was told that I could request my data via a Data Access Request (DSR ), form on their website. It took two months and I had to raise another official complaint before I got the excel sheet.

Like you I want my transaction data in Excel format, so I have just raised another DSR request. If they refuse this I will go to the FSPO and complain.

I am amazed that a Bank does not have this functionality, even the PDF versions of the Credit Card Statements are locked so one cannot even copy/paste the data.

I would urge everyone that sees this post and wants their data to raise a DSR request ... the more of us do it the faster they will change.

Like you I have applied for a credit card with AIB... shame as I have been with BOI for 30+ years.

• Advertisement
Advertisement