Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband

Options
  • 06-04-2021 10:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30

Hey, can anyone help or give me information, We have been living in a house 10 years in an housing estate. KN networks were to install fibre today, but because the old phone line was cut inside my house, they said we needed to find where the underground duct enters the house, (it is normally in the hallway) ,. The only problem is, The person living here before us tiled the floor and now there is wooden floor on top of that. We don't want to dig up half the floor trying to find it, does anyone no if KN networks can just install fibre a different way or can anyone sugest best way to get the broadband as we really need it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 54,119 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

KN can also install it over head but it has to be at an angle

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Irishsteven91

Headshot wrote: »
    KN can also install it over head but it has to be at an angle

Oh they said they can't as its an housing estate with all cables underground

• Registered Users Posts: 54,119 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Oh they said they can't as its an housing estate with all cables underground

oh right an estate, that's complicated things then ( I didnt fully read the OP)

I presume all the houses in the estate are identical in their layout? Maybe it's worth going to your neighbor and seeing where their primary socket for DSL/telephone line is?

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭babi-hrse

If it's a copper line you'll need To dig outside the house where you expect it to come and recover the duct before it goes into house they will then bring cable from that up and run up to the plinth and through the wall or along the wall to another location and through.
    If it's for fibre they can survey it for a crew to do the work.
    This depends on whether its actual fibre or not

Advertisement