Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dumping neighbor

Options
13»

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,486 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

how big is the pile?
    i'd be of a mind to head out with a wheelbarrow and clean up the pile when i know the woman dumping there can see me doing so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 891 ✭✭✭sebdavis

listermint wrote: »
    Not where I grew up it didn't. There wasn't any council cleaning up.

Thats why we all have property charges now, to pay for clean up.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,163 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Laminate a note that says "oh hello Mrs Smith" and stick it on a sign in the ash.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭malinheader

In fairness, if they did actually follow up on the houses that didn't submit the info, with some kind of repercussion for the nuisance neighbours, then it wouldn't be so bad.

Issue is that a fine is probably, what, €50 or something silly, so still cheaper to dump your old sh/te, rather than pay for a bin service (which isn't all that pricey anyway, ours is €72 per 3 months. So €6 per bin lift (lifted fortnightly), so it's hardly extortionate money).

The problem is they don't chase up the fines or even prosecutions because they know in this country a good sob story to the judge about how if you pay for the rubbish collection you won't have money left for your necessities booze and fags at the weekend usually works. Only decent people pay fines, not nice but true.

Advertisement