Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Uber Eats - Driver stole my food!

Options
  • 07-04-2021 7:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭

So i ordered some food last night and i got the message that its delivered on the app.. went outside to see if the driver just dropped it off at the gate or something but no food.. looked in the app and the driver put in a black photo as evidence of delivery (they're supposed to put the picture of dropping food off).

Anyway, tried reaching out to the driver and they didnt pick up.. i'll probably get a refund from uber eats but this is so disappointing behaviour. Anyone else had any similar issues to this?

I have the phone number of the driver so might give them a call after a few days 😡

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

Hardly stolen.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭ManUnited123

Jim_Hodge wrote: »
    Hardly stolen.

So what will you classify this as then?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,601 ✭✭✭✭kippy

So what will you classify this as then?

Left at wrong address?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Why wait a few days to contact the driver, you should have contacted them straight away.

FFS - does no one read any more?

1. I tried contacting, they didn't pick up so obviously ignoring my calls which is why I will call them in a few days to give them a piece of my mind

2. It's not left at wrong address because they just attached a BLACK picture of the delivery on the UBER eats app.

Jeez, if only people knew how to read!

• Advertisement

Kimbot wrote: »
    Why wait a few days to contact the driver, you should have contacted them straight away.

Wow thanks, jeez why didnt i think of that :D. Well that is some great insight there, i'll try it the next time :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,463 ✭✭✭vandriver

When did phoning become 'reaching out' and answering become 'pick up'.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,731 ✭✭✭Allinall

I'd also like to know when

"My food wasn't delivered" became "The driver stole my food".

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,222 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Would you not have rung the restaurant when you couldn't get the driver?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭baldbear

Why would the driver bother his arse robbing your food? Makes no sense. You should of called the restaurant straight away instead of wasting your time thinking too much about it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭Yourmama

The whole Uber eats is a joke. They give my phone number as some driver in Cork and I get constant calls from frustrated customers. I opened several tickets with Uber and all have been ignored. I can't get rid of this number unfortunately. I wish i could.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

FFS - does no one read any more?

1. I tried contacting, they didn't pick up so obviously ignoring my calls which is why I will call them in a few days to give them a piece of my mind

2. It's not left at wrong address because they just attached a BLACK picture of the delivery on the UBER eats app.

Jeez, if only people knew how to read!
    Wow thanks, jeez why didnt i think of that :D. Well that is some great insight there, i'll try it the next time :D

There is no need to be a smart arse about it......

To quote your original post:
    I have the phone number of the driver so might give them a call after a few days

You said you have the drivers number and might give them a call after a few days, personally if it was me I would have it sorted without having to wait days. No1 contact uber eats and tell them you didnt receive food or No2. Contact the driver and tell him to sort his mistake.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

What’s the purpose of you ringing the driver now?

I presume you contacted Uber eats on their app to say you didn’t receive it immediately. They’ll refund you and let them handle the driver.

Talking to the driver now will get you nothing. Don’t waste your time

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

Had the same issue 2 weeks ago, contacted Uber Eats and was refunded immediately and they said "the driver did not follow the correct procedure for dropping off food."

Not ideal considering I had already waited 1hr45mins for the food before finding this out.

In fairness,Uber Eats we're very quick in getting back to me so not sure if much else could of been done.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭YellowLead

Not sure why you would be ringing the driver in a few days???
    You should have let Uber Eats know last night via the app and they would have refunded straight away - will be odd doing it a day after the fact but you’ll probably still get the refund.
    A couple of times stuff has been missing from an order for me and you get an immediate refund.
    I’d say the driver either dropped at incorrect location or couldn’t find your address - hilarious that you think it was him ‘stealing’ your food :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

So i ordered some food last night and i got the message that its delivered on the app.. went outside to see if the driver just dropped it off at the gate or something but no food.. looked in the app and the driver put in a black photo as evidence of delivery (they're supposed to put the picture of dropping food off).

Anyway, tried reaching out to the driver and they didnt pick up.. i'll probably get a refund from uber eats but this is so disappointing behaviour. Anyone else had any similar issues to this?

I have the phone number of the driver so might give them a call after a few days ��

Yes you will get a refund for it, maybe credit on the app. Who knows. Maybe go and find out.

And do not ring the driver. absolutely no need. Move on and get your refund.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,463 ✭✭✭vandriver

I know from Uber taxis that they don't give out the drivers phone number,just a virtual number that stops working at the end of the fare.
    Do Uber Eats actually give out an 087,086 etc phone number?

Advertisement