Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Credit card-keeping it open

Options
  • 07-04-2021 9:43am

Hi,
    I'm not using my BoI credit card at the moment and intend to keep its use to a minimum
    But I obviously want to keep the card for whenever its needed
    I've a €30 credit balance in it ie I owe nothing on the card and lodged €30 to cover its annual tax charge
    Is that enough and when does it come out

Is there a danger if I'm not currently using the card that it will be closed or its credit limit removed
    Its only really used for holidays and emergencies anyway but I'd really like to keep it
    Will the odd cash lodgement to it now and again suffice? Once a year or whats the story,if I don't need to use it otherwise in the meantime? Or is there any rule on this at all and I needn't be worrying about it?
    I'm just using my normal BoI debit card for everything else

Thank you

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Richard F

Hi AuntySnow,

You can certainly continue to keep your credit card, and only use it when you need to or in case of emergencies. The €30 government stamp duty would be charged annually in April. This can be paid in cash at an lodgement machine, by bank transfer or by direct debit. We hope this helps.

Thanks,
    Richard

Advertisement