Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Front boundary ideas

• 07-04-2021 2:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 382 ✭✭

Have about 30 meters post and rail to front of house that is starting to go a bit rotten after 20 years. Herself wants to replace it with a stone wall at a cost of about 6k, stone walls don't get me too excited TBH any ideas welcome

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,137 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Hedges ? Are you trying to keep anything in or out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,166 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Get a new post and rail fence and revisit the problem in 20 years' time.

6k is cheap for a 30m stone wall. Stone walls done well are really expensive in terms of skilled labour, and too often they're built in such a way that to a trained eye they look awful. I can recommend doing no research on this topic or else you risk becoming a stone wall nerd and nothing will look right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 382 ✭✭popa smurf

I was thinking of buying ready built stone pillers and composite timber rail inbetween might be a runner if I could get a good price on it.

Advertisement