Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revitalising Garden Shed

Options
  • 07-04-2021 6:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

Looking for some advice and suggestions with regards to my garden shed. I have always used FenceLife products in particular Harvest Gold and am thinking of sprucing up the color

Two options I would like some advice on

Option_1 Using a different FenceLife color

Has anyone changed from one color/ shade of FenceLife to another, If so how did it go?
    Did you have to use extra coats to get rid of the original colours

Option_2 Going from a Wood Preserve [FenceLife type product] to a Paint [Cuprinol Shades range]

Another option is a color from the Cuprinol Shades range, Has anyone tried this? If so how did it work out? Did it require many coats?

I gather that once I go to a wood paint based idea as in Option_2 then for the life of the shed it has to be repainted.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭49801

Cuttlefish wrote: »
    Hi folks,

Looking for some advice and suggestions with regards to my garden shed. I have always used FenceLife products in particular Harvest Gold and am thinking of sprucing up the color

Has anyone changed from one color/ shade of FenceLife to another, If so how did it go?

Option_2 Going from a Wood Preserve [FenceLife type product] to a Paint [Cuprinol Shades range]

Another option is a color from the Cuprinol Shades range, Has anyone tried this? If so how did it work out? Did it require many coats?

I gather that once I go to a wood paint based idea as in Option_2 then for the life of the shed it has to be repainted.

Yep once painted you are pretty much stuck with paint. Lasts about 3yr before needs another coat and you’ll have prep by power washing etc.
    Stains on the other hand are not as fussy for prep so less work. So stick to stains in my opinion. Shades etc do gives plenty of nice colors though if that’s the driver.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭Filmer Paradise

Cuttlefish wrote: »
    Hi folks,

Yes I've done this.

Went from Medium Oak to Tudor Black Oak. (Both Fencelife)

Had to do at least 3 coats to change it, but it worked out alright.

I wouldn't fancy trying to go from a dark shade to a light one though.

All that said, I think Fencelife is little better than coloured water.

I'll be looking into something better (shouldn't be hard:rolleyes:) to use this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,027 ✭✭✭Lantus

Colour trend woodcoat finish. Used it on a shed 3 years ago and still is as good as the day I painted it.

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭waxmelts2000

Mine has been painted a few times , much nicer to look at I think.
    Current shade It's Cuprinol , shade is dusted moss 2 (paint is mixed at the local hardware shop)

Advertisement