If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Replacement sub woofer

Options
  • 07-04-2021 9:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭

I have boston acustics soundware 5.1 speakers and I think my sub is on the way out. Phantom thumping, general buzzing at times etc.

My system is fairly old at this point and I could probably do with a new system if I'm honest but I don't want to invest in a new system right now. So I'm just looking for a recommendation for a replacement sub to keep me going.

I don't mind spending a reasonable amount as long as it can be used in my next system and go with a x.2 setup.

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,276 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

tazzzZ wrote: »
    I have boston acustics soundware 5.1 speakers and I think my sub is on the way out. Phantom thumping, general buzzing at times etc.

My system is fairly old at this point and I could probably do with a new system if I'm honest but I don't want to invest in a new system right now. So I'm just looking for a recommendation for a replacement sub to keep me going.

I don't mind spending a reasonable amount as long as it can be used in my next system and go with a x.2 setup.
    Hey TazzzZ.

Thanks for the post.

Sorry to hear your Boston sub is giving problems :(

Here are a few for you to check over:

Polk PSW10e priced at 179 Euro
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-204550-polk-audio-psw10e-black-subwoofer.aspx

Q Acoustics 3070s priced at 249 Euro
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-201189-q-acoustics-3070s-graphite-subwoofer.aspx

Going upwards there is the excellent Rel T Zero coming in at 399 Euro
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-204931-rel-t-zero-mk3-black-subwoofer.aspx

Let me know if any of these might be of interest to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭tazzzZ

I like the REL T Zero and it has the white option which the boss has said is a must. Dimensions are important as I cant exceed 300mm width to fit where I have my current one. 

Just one other technical question... going forward when I do decide to upgrade my full system, is this something that will integrate with any speaker setup? I'm no expert on these things but I am aware with speakers that if you mix companies you can get very different sounds from them. Just want to make sure this wont be out of place so to speak. 

Also is that 399 delivered????? ;)

I like the REL T Zero and it has the white option which the boss has said is a must. Dimensions are important as I cant exceed 300mm width to fit where I have my current one. 

Just one other technical question... going forward when I do decide to upgrade my full system, is this something that will integrate with any speaker setup? I'm no expert on these things but I am aware with speakers that if you mix companies you can get very different sounds from them. Just want to make sure this wont be out of place so to speak. 

Also is that 399 delivered????? ;)
    Hey TazzzZ.

Most subwoofers will integrate with a new system in the future.
    Many of our customer mis and match they speakers and subwoofer to get what suits them better.
    Rel make great subwoofers and I've seen them integrated with all sorts of setups.

The Rel is only 219mm so will fit your current space.

All the Euro pricing include delivery :)

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭tazzzZ

PM sent

PM sent
    Hey TazzzZ.

I think you posted up on my Visitors wall rather than sent me a PM.

If you drop me your contact number in a PM we can give you a quick buzz :) 

I'll drop you a quick PM and you can reply to that.

• Advertisement

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.