Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boards: Ten years ago ...

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 804 ✭✭✭French Toast

I did my Leaving Cert in June 2012, so 10 years ago I would have just been 17 finishing 5th year.

Great time in life. Just starting to get in to drinking and nights out, pubs and clubs. Went to an all boys school so women were a complete novelty! :P

No real worries to speak of then. Life was definitely good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,367 ✭✭✭JimmyVik

People didnt seem to moan as much 10 years ago as they do now.
    Nowadays as soon as its mentioned that someone is doing well or gets something that most people didnt get its like a hoard of zombies from the walking dead trying to pull the better off down into their well too.
    Its very sad to see really. It was always an Irish thing, but it seems to be much worse nowadays, especially on boards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭olestoepoke

10 years ago I was living in NYC just had our first child and a second on the way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭Lewis_Benson

Man-bags and bootcut jeans and €400k for a semi in Lucan, bought off plans? No a-thank you.

Yep.
    That semi D Is probabaly boarded up now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Tails142

10 years ago I had just moved in with my girlfriend, we were renting a place together, the first time moving out of my mammy's for me!!

10 years later we're married with 4 kids and living on the other side of the country.

It's been a crazy ten years really, I was happy then, I'm happy now but there's been lots of ups and downs along the way especially in the last 12 months.

It's always hard to gauge when you're living out the best of your days, I've thought about it a few times over the years whether it's been good times at home in the family house when a few of us were living there with my mother after finishing college or its happened a couple of times in work when there's been good people around on the team and the work is fun, but those things were fleeting, life and people move on and circumstances change. I guess we never know what lies ahead for us and that we should be mindful when things are good.

I think about the housing shortage and especially now with covid, people living at home with their parents, do they take for granted this time that they might never get the opportunity again? I know there are downsides to that way of living too I suppose.

I think about it too with my own kids who are all young now, but in ten years time they won't be far off packing their bags and forging their own paths, probably dying to get out front under my thumb, I suppose it's true when they say life is fleeting.

Advertisement