Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Replacing laminate and levelling screed subfloor

• 08-04-2021 9:24am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 489 ✭✭

Our hall floor is laminate over screed subfloor. It creaks and squeaks when walked on which is waking people at night so I want to replace it.

I can feel dips and raises under it just by walking on it, and I can see there is an expansion gap at the sides. So I am confident that the creaking is caused by an uneven subfloor.

We had rooms done professionally and none of them creak or squeak but found the people horrible to deal with and they damaged stuff in the house. They also gave a quote that was very high for the hall, which is not that big. So I would rather do it myself. I can look up the materials they used and purchase the same so that I know the materials will be adequate to avoid noise.

I'm trying to get an idea of how difficult this would be? The most important thing is that I am able to get it to stop creaking. Any gotchas or advice for someone attempting this job for the first time?

Advertisement