Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Superman comicbooks

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭JayRoc

Fysh wrote: »
    Spoken like someone who's never encountered the wild & wacky world of Jack Chick Tracts :)

I have now! That was some rabbit hole I just went down.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭MarkHall

If you wander town during certain marches or protest you may find two individuals giving these out to the lost souls.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭TomSweeney

I did enjoy Man of Steel (the 2013 film) and Batman v Superman - even if it were a little too crowded bringing wonder woman and that mad monster thing into it.

I only found out about Justice league yesterday, I see HBO have the extended cut and have watched about 1 hour of it, it is actually really decent!!

This Darkseid character, has he appeared in Superman comic books before ?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

TomSweeney wrote: »
    I did enjoy Man of Steel (the 2013 film) and Batman v Superman - even if it were a little too crowded bringing wonder woman and that mad monster thing into it.

I only found out about Justice league yesterday, I see HBO have the extended cut and have watched about 1 hour of it, it is actually really decent!!

This Darkseid character, has he appeared in Superman comic books before ?

If you pick up The Death Of Superman you'll find out ;)

Edit: Nope, I'm being daft and confusing Darkseid with Doomsday.

Darkseid has cropped up a bunch of times in the comics, and - according to Wikipedia - was originally introduced in a cameo in... Superman's Pal Jimmy Olsen? I would not have guessed that.

Fysh wrote: »
    If you pick up The Death Of Superman you'll find out ;)

Edit: Nope, I'm being daft and confusing Darkseid with Doomsday.

Darkseid has cropped up a bunch of times in the comics, and - according to Wikipedia - was originally introduced in a cameo in... Superman's Pal Jimmy Olsen? I would not have guessed that.

Jack Kirby came in and took over one of DC's worst performing titles (Jimmy Olsen) presumably so he could unleash all the mad ideas he wanted without them worrying about sales being affected and trying to stifle his creative control.

All the 4th world stuff Kirby would become famous for at DC (like Darkseid) began in Jimmy Olsen. It was surreal stuff. I have picked up a good few of them over the years.

• Advertisement

https://www.amazon.es/dp/1779505914/?coliid=I1LLAKPMYGUXJ3&colid=2N7DMFNHS69YB&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

Is vol 2 of MOS good ?

edit - and should I read all of MOS first before "whatever happened to man of tomorrow", "death of superman" etc ?

wow ... am I glad I got the 1986 MOS comics....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

question on a superman graphic novel, I had when I was a kid... 30 years ago now.

In it there were 2 superman'.... one in a red superman outfit, one in a blue superman outfit. no capes (I think). I remember it being so vivid and colourful. I wouldn't mind finding it again.

Anyone any idea what it was? My attempts on google, just lead me to some wikipedia stuff. Not what I was looking for.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,068 ✭✭✭Sarn

I think this is it.

Edit: This was the one I remembered. Maybe it’s the original one you were thinking of.

yea, thanks for the comment. I was looking at that. You could be right, maybe it was the original. It was fascinating for me way back then as I was just a Batman X-men fan at that stage.

Post edited by Brief_Lives on

• Advertisement

I'm gonna bet it was a UK titan books large size reprint of Superman Red and Superman Blue.

(DC Superheroes Presents No. 1, off the top of my head )

Post edited by JayRoc on

Can't find an image of that particular issue but I think this is the preceding one

https://d1466nnw0ex81e.cloudfront.net/n_iv/600/4963441.jpg

Post edited by JayRoc on

Holy Crap, thats ringing all sorts of distant memory bells.....

I was sufficiently interested to see if I had a copy, and I do. Having looked at the story I would lay odds that's the comic you remember reading as a kid.

and it just landed

A good news thread on Boards 😊

Advertisement