Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

St. Johns Grove (Johnstown) - Opinions?

• 08-04-2021 12:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭

Hey folks,

Apologies if this is not the right place to post this.

Looking at potentially moving to St. Johns Grove in Johnstown. Just wondering if anyone has any feedback on the area. Are the shops/tennis club at the front of the estate prone to anti social behavior? Iv also heard that there are two new estates (one has been built and one is currently being built) that are 100% dedicated to social housing. Is this true?

Any other feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Nobody?

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Nicbuc

Hogzy wrote: »
    Hey folks,

Apologies if this is not the right place to post this.

Looking at potentially moving to St. Johns Grove in Johnstown. Just wondering if anyone has any feedback on the area. Are the shops/tennis club at the front of the estate prone to anti social behavior? Iv also heard that there are two new estates (one has been built and one is currently being built) that are 100% dedicated to social housing. Is this true?

Any other feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Hi,
    I don't live in Johnstown but in Kill. I do drive through Johnstown regularly and use the Centra there. Never saw any anti social behaviour. from what I've seen its a lovely area. Ive no idea about your other queries, sorry

Nicbuc wrote: »
    Hi,
    I don't live in Johnstown but in Kill. I do drive through Johnstown regularly and use the Centra there. Never saw any anti social behaviour. from what I've seen its a lovely area. Ive no idea about your other queries, sorry

No problem, thanks for your reply!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭jrosen

Johns grove is a nice settled estate. Rarely any hassle. The tennis court and shop area does attract some kids/teens to hang out but never really any anti social behavior.
    Last year there was a little bit of hassle but was sorted and its been grand since.

Toberton Wood is 100% social housing and this backs onto St.Johsn Grove. Its a housing agency so long term leases. Its pretty much at full occupancy now.
    Furness Wood is 100% privately owned and also fully occupied.

The newer development is being done by Westin Homes as far as I remember. There will be 33 houses and I assume part V will need to be met. After Toberton Wood there was so much uproar from locals that KCC stated they have no interest in the new development, that they have no intention of buying up any additional homes there. Thats all they were willing to say. So the word is that these homes will be sold privately. That being said I have seen nothing advertised about them.

Overall Johnstown is lovely and quiet but seriously lacks any amenities. Hope that helps. You can look at Johnstown Community Ass on facebook, they tend to have some sporadic updates.

jrosen wrote: »
    Johns grove is a nice settled estate. Rarely any hassle. The tennis court and shop area does attract some kids/teens to hang out but never really any anti social behavior.
    Last year there was a little bit of hassle but was sorted and its been grand since.

Toberton Wood is 100% social housing and this backs onto St.Johsn Grove. Its a housing agency so long term leases. Its pretty much at full occupancy now.
    Furness Wood is 100% privately owned and also fully occupied.

The newer development is being done by Westin Homes as far as I remember. There will be 33 houses and I assume part V will need to be met. After Toberton Wood there was so much uproar from locals that KCC stated they have no interest in the new development, that they have no intention of buying up any additional homes there. Thats all they were willing to say. So the word is that these homes will be sold privately. That being said I have seen nothing advertised about them.

Overall Johnstown is lovely and quiet but seriously lacks any amenities. Hope that helps. You can look at Johnstown Community Ass on facebook, they tend to have some sporadic updates.

Thanks, sent you a PM there. I appreciate the info!

• Advertisement
Advertisement