If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need A Sub

Options
  • 08-04-2021 12:48pm
    Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,522 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I have HK 5.1 speakers and I  my sub is on the way out. Ive been quoted €177.11 to repair , I have it connected to my Yamaha RX-V485 from yourselves .
     I'm just looking for a recommendation for a replacement sub to Match up .

TIA..

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,276 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

sharkman wrote: »
    I have HK 5.1 speakers and I  my sub is on the way out. Ive been quoted €177.11 to repair , I have it connected to my Yamaha RX-V485 from yourselves .
     I'm just looking for a recommendation for a replacement sub to Match up .

TIA..
    Hey Sharkman.

Thanks for the post and sorry for the delay.

You could check out the Yamaha NSSW050 coming in at 157 Euro
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-202403-yamaha-nssw050-black-black-subwoofer.aspx

If you wanted to splash out a little there is a great deal on teh Monitor Audio Bronze W10 at just 249 Euro
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-12913-monitor-audio-bronze-w10-walnut-walnut-subwoofer.aspx

Let me know if either of these might be of interest to you.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,522 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

Thanks for the advice , went for a Polk PSW10e .

Thanks for the advice , went for a Polk PSW10e .
    Cheers for the order Sharkman :)
    Good Choice!

Our courier will be in touch at the start of next week with your delivery details.

If you have any issues at all please let me know.

Bloody hell , that was quick !! Arrived on the doorstep this morning ...

One problem though , No LFE input . I know this can be bypassed , but I have a cable run some 20 feet behind a wall .

One problem though , No LFE input . I know this can be bypassed , but I have a cable run some 20 feet behind a wall .
    Hey Sharkman.

Happy Days you got it so quickly :)

You can connect directly in the Line in either left or right and you will be up and running.

This is pretty standard for subwoofers that don't have a dedicated LFE input.

• Advertisement

Hey Sharkman.

You can connect directly in the Line in either left or right and you will be up and running.

Cheers , Only realised this .....My Bad ... Excellent service as always Kenny ..

Hey Sharkman.

Cheers , Only realised this .....My Bad ... Excellent service as always Kenny ..
    Hey Sharkman.

No problem at all :)

Now you can get the bass pumping again.

Enjoy your weekend.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.