Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Google Pixel 4A - euro 179 on Vodafone

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭lolie

Showing €279.99??

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Mikiek14

lolie wrote: »
    Showing €279.99??

Yea same? Whats up

• Registered Users Posts: 11,461 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

I have tried ordering it for 280 twice and hasn't worked but did take money from my account.

Oh Vodafone, please never change.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

Here is the screenshot !

Alright looks like its WIP as on checkout it goes back to original price of 279 ! Hopefully the offer will start to work soon...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

Last time it took me about week to get one of their offers, complete shambles of a website.

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭joficeduns1

Really is a great price. I saw it at €179.99 but took too long to load, the website really struggles.

Is it likely that the price was originally €379 and they're reducing it by €100? Seems to be too steep a discount really.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,732 ✭✭✭Klingon Hamlet

Got the 3a for crazy cheap thanks to this forum (my Galaxy was struggling) is there much of a difference camera wise in the 4a?

€279 here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,928 ✭✭✭long_b

The 4a supports WiFi calling which the 3a doesn't (with Vodafone anyways)

https://n.vodafone.ie/network/wi-fi-calling.html

• Registered Users Posts: 3,068 ✭✭✭Mervyn Skidmore

Are these unlocked to all networks?

Unlikely.

Edit: I stand corrected.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭rizzee

Unlikely.

They are unlocked.

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭smackyB

Tried ordering a 4a two weeks ago from the Vodafone website. No email confirmation received, no shipping updates sent. Had to get in touch with support who said the order had gone wrong and was cancelled (not that they were going to be proactive and tell me).

Still awaiting the €350 to be returned to my account. Their website is a mess, you can't even order a case and the phone in the same checkout flow. Won't go near them again no matter how low they sell it for.

All google phones are unlocked !

All google phones are unlocked !

Nope. However, these ones likely are since the 3As were.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭112143

The 4a definitely comes unlocked from Vodafone.

smackyB wrote: »
    Tried ordering a 4a two weeks ago from the Vodafone website. No email confirmation received, no shipping updates sent. Had to get in touch with support who said the order had gone wrong and was cancelled (not that they were going to be proactive and tell me).

Still awaiting the €350 to be returned to my account. Their website is a mess, you can't even order a case and the phone in the same checkout flow. Won't go near them again no matter how low they sell it for.

Have you emailed/online chatted with them? You can use charge back with Visa/MasterCard to claim a refund if you can show they're not cooperating.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,829 ✭✭✭jeffk

Could it be you are logged into your account and getting the price for being a customer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭stanley1

Is it 5G?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,928 ✭✭✭long_b

stanley1 wrote: »
    Is it 5G?

Nope

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭magnavox

Still 279.99 for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭Qwerty?

Jumps between 179 and 279, but always 279 when added to the basket🀬

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭skydish79

Do you have to port over to Vodafone to avail of the offer?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭rizzee

skydish79 wrote: »
    Do you have to port over to Vodafone to avail of the offer?

It's a mistake. Yes it says 179 but when you get to cart it goes to 279 unfortunately.

Who here has got it for 179? No one...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,461 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

rizzee wrote: »
    It's a mistake. Yes it says 179 but when you get to cart it goes to 279 unfortunately.

Who here has got it for 179? No one...

Can anyone get it for 280 even? I haven't succeeded anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭lolie

Bearing in mind it was €350 until a week ago its unlikely it'll dop that low so soon.
    I planned to get it for my nephew for his birthday if it was on sale but couldn't wait any longer so got a cheap Samsung a41 on adverts, I'll be pissed if it drops to €179 now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

beauf wrote: »
    Last time it took me about week to get one of their offers, complete shambles of a website.

Shockingly bad. Their CEO is more interested in virtue signalling about diversity matters than sorting a proper website.

Went to site tonight to order a new sim and the option to order replacement sim kept disappearing off screen regardless of browser. Eventually got app to do it. Earlier, had tried to engage with chat agent, who invited me to put down the issue I had, and half way through typing it a screen came up to say all agents busy.

anyway, I digress. I got the €179 on screen a few times, but could never hold onto it to the basket either!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 965 ✭✭✭SnuggyBear

Maybe they are gearing up for the 100 euro off offer

Advertisement