Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Google Pixel 4A - euro 179 on Vodafone

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭melikebanana

hampton wrote: »
    Bought today at 3 pm used my vodafone number at 6 pm received a message on email -
    Thanks for shopping with Vodafone.

Your FREE delivery of your selected purchases will be delivered by An Post.

Good luck everyone
    How did you manage to do it with an existing number? Any time I try to use my VF number and account the discount disappears.

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Rock Paper Scissors

Just ordered there.

How long does it normally take to get despatch email guys?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭Skuxx

Just ordered there.

How long does it normally take to get despatch email guys?

Did you get the confirmation email?

Skuxx wrote: »
    Did you get the confirmation email?

Yes, does that mean the order is successful?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭Skuxx

Going by this thread I wouldn't be overly confident of anything until the phone is in your hand, but you've some chance!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 310 ✭✭luvlyjubbly

6 orders across 2 accounts, all cancelled! Everytime got the order confirmation email. I'm a Vodafone customer and health insurance customer! Just trying to get one of them for my nephew. Absolute shambles

Confirmation of the order isn't guaranteed you'll get one, a lot of them get cancelled. Some people got dispatch email, but I didn't. Keep a check on it on the Vodafone site, if you see added shipping number to your order you can be confident it's on the way. Their website e-commerce is beyond a joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭MeMen2_MoRi_

Got my tracking number.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

Order accepted with code VF0013 for €179. Will keep you updated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

2 confirmed orders (as in money taken) here so far but both cancelled.

Think this website has worn out my resilience, what a steaming pile of crap.

• Advertisement

advertsfox wrote: »
    Order accepted with code VF0013 for €179. Will keep you updated.
    Order dispatched - only took 2 hours to process :)

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭fmul9798

Consider doing the lotto..
    advertsfox wrote: »
    Order dispatched - only took 2 hours to process :)

Worked 1st time

Got despatch email.

Dont even know why I ordered, i guess thats the culture of the BA forum :)

Why are some orders failing for some people?

fmul9798 wrote: »
    Consider doing the lotto..
    Wife ordered as well, same for her too. I'll do the Euromillions too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭Redrocket

Ordered last night with promo code VF0013 for 100 euro off, confirmation email within 2 mins, dispatch email this morning 8am.

Cant wait as my pixel 3a charge port is donked, pixel 3a is/was awesome while it lasted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭bidiots

The 4a is a considerable upgrade in terms of size and weight, 'nicer' in the hand.

Great deal in fairness

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Saadyst

Mine arrived on the 2nd go :) Just as my Pixel 2 was on the way out.

FYI for anyone trying to identify patterns - I used the same card, account, browser, email etc. The only thing I noticed different was that there was a new "account" created under orders on the Vodfone site, the failed one just had my surname, the successful one had my full name. I also put my address in manually, as for some reason it kept adding an incorrect area into the delivery address - even though on the Eircode website it looks correct.

Cheers for the great bargain!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

6 orders across 2 accounts, all cancelled! Everytime got the order confirmation email. I'm a Vodafone customer and health insurance customer! Just trying to get one of them for my nephew. Absolute shambles

5 across multiple accounts for me, all cancelled. Very frustrating in general but even more so as this is a great deal.

5 across multiple accounts for me, all cancelled. Very frustrating in general but even more so as this is a great deal.

I feel your pain, I was lucky to be successful on my third attempt

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭BoredNaMoaner

Mine arrived today in the post this morning although I really wasn't expecting it after reading about all the cancelled orders etc.. I have PAYG number. Signed into my account and ordered the phone. Put in the promo code VF0013 during checkout and received 100 euro off. It was a completely painless transaction, have a lovely new phone for 179 euros and for once I'm grateful to vodafone. Once of the best bargains I got from boards, thanks OP.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,786 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

7 orders for an iPhone SE and finally the last one went through and was delivered this morning. I'm now second guessing myself and might return it and get the 12 instead--- after all that pain

• Registered Users Posts: 517 ✭✭✭benji79

Interesting to see issues exist with purchasing other phones too

It is pretty clear that the web store is a disgrace. One hopes that they don't use failed orders in the quarterly financial results to the market

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,212 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

3 hrs in and order is not yet cancelled....lol what has this got to !

Troll is on a long lunch break.. it is Friday..
    3 hrs in and order is not yet cancelled....lol what has this got to !

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

As bad as Vodafone's website is their support is even worse. I do not recommend any one contact them ever.

Troll is back from lunch - mine from 12pm has been cancelled. That is 13 for 13 cancelled folks, all with confirmation email.
    Troll is on a long lunch break.. it is Friday..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,212 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

Troll is back from lunch - mine from 12pm has been cancelled. That is 13 for 13 cancelled folks, all with confirmation email.

Yeah troll just cancelled it....lol !

You know the old saying. If at first you don't succeed, drive yourself mental trying over and over again.

• Advertisement

Statistic gathering, and the possibility that I'm annoying the troll

You know the old saying. If at first you don't succeed, drive yourself mental trying over and over again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭gussieg

no radio, no wireless charging, good camera, the only thing that really makes this phone a bargain is the high price charged for it elsewhere. and it has a decent 730 chip in it.
    i got the pixel 3a and to be honest, camera IS great, but rest of phone is just , well , dare i say it , boring.
    maybe i just havent stretched its capabilities in all directions, but i really cant justify the 179 stretch.
    But thanks its nice to know i couldve , if i really wanted.
    And my number is now lost in the vodafone ether , courtesy of the monread rd girl in shop.

gussieg wrote: »
    no radio, no wireless charging, good camera, the only thing that really makes this phone a bargain is the high price charged for it elsewhere. and it has a decent 730 chip in it.
    i got the pixel 3a and to be honest, camera IS great, but rest of phone is just , well , dare i say it , boring.
    maybe i just havent stretched its capabilities in all directions, but i really cant justify the 179 stretch.
    And my number is now lost in the vodafone ether , courtesy of the monread rd girl in shop.

You're expecting too much, the pixel 3a and 4a are not flagships, they are very decent mid range phones with very good cameras and as they are made by Google they get software updates regularly for 3 years. The 4a will not be much of an upgrade from a 3a, same camera, slightly faster, more storage.

• Registered Users Posts: 965 ✭✭✭SnuggyBear

Yeah troll just cancelled it....lol !

My god

Small with a good camera sells it to me. Yes it's boring but it's a very solid phone and does the basics well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭FastFullBack

WTF that is crazy

• Advertisement

14 for 14 cancelled now - troll is happy for the weekend. On the plus side, maybe I'm improving someone else's odds :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,237 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

It might very well be that this is specific to you.

Vodafone even for prepaid is running some checks and if all your orders are canceled there might be a block on you for some reason (past Vodafone history etc.)

You could hit them with a GDPR request to see what this potentially is if you want to invest the 5 minutes to send them one.

• Registered Users Posts: 517 ✭✭✭benji79

Vodafone even for prepaid is running some checks and if all your orders are canceled there might be a block on you for some reason (past Vodafone history etc.)

You could hit them with a GDPR request to see what this potentially is if you want to invest the 5 minutes to send them one.

Doubt it. I’ve had 3 cancellations and I definitely have a perfect history with Vodafone for a lot of years

I’m wondering is there some obvious reason why it’s working for some people and not others. Like ordering on a particular browser or device or something

Definitely not history. It is either the site workflow or a troll. I'll submit a GDPR request to give them a gentle prod.

Why are orders being cancelled?

Mine will be here monday, the first thing i will be doing is flashing graphene OS onto it

• Advertisement

Guys i ordered through logging into my vodafone account and selected to keep my number (existing customer)

Does that mean they will just send me out the phone without a sim?

benji79 wrote: »
    Doubt it. I’ve had 3 cancellations and I definitely have a perfect history with Vodafone for a lot of years

I’m wondering is there some obvious reason why it’s working for some people and not others. Like ordering on a particular browser or device or something

I've tried different browsers, different email address, different number, ad block turned off, 2 cards. 5 failed orders.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Alkers

Very decent phone and very snappy to use but I'm finding the battery life quite dissapointing. Was on a site visit today and took 160photos in an hour and used 46% battery

Alkers wrote: »
    Very decent phone and very snappy to use but I'm finding the battery life quite dissapointing. Was on a site visit today and took 160photos in an hour and used 46% battery

The phone is rated to have a screen-on time of six hours which is pretty reasonable. If you just used your screen to e.g. read some articles you would expect to use 46% of the battery in about three hours. If you're taking photos for an hour instead, you're using up battery with the camera itself (by taking photos), GPS (if you have geotagging on) and the processor (as Pixels do a lot of post-processing with photos).

I wouldn't judge the battery too harshly based off of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭gussieg

i have zenfone max pro m1 which although not as good a camera , has me spoiled with the big battery, and i find it just great, the pixel 3a outstrips the camera on it, but its decent otherwise. got it for 98 euro on aliexpress. since i got it it updated to android 10, also has a snapdragon in it.

it's a nice phone with a very good camera (once you don't need zoom or wide angle) but the battery life is definitely underwhelming, as was the case with the 3a.

pity they didn't put a bigger battery in the 4a really.

• Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭Housefree

glasso wrote: »
    it's a nice phone with a very good camera (once you don't need zoom or wide angle) but the battery life is definitely underwhelming, as was the case with the 3a.

pity they didn't put a bigger battery in the 4a really.

The Battery was the main reason I wanted to upgrade from the 4a. Cameras are near enough the same afaik.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

My order has disappeared off an post tracking now, it was in the sorting office last night... Hopefully not a bad sign

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,237 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

griffdaddy wrote: »
    My order has disappeared off an post tracking now, it was in the sorting office last night... Hopefully not a bad sign

Looks like the web tracker of AnPost has a problem today.

I have this with all my AnPost items, they show as "no information" or "searched timed out".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

That's a relief! Fingers crossed

• Advertisement
Advertisement