Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Google Pixel 4A - euro 179 on Vodafone

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

fmul9798 wrote: »
    14 for 14 cancelled now - troll is happy for the weekend. On the plus side, maybe I'm improving someone else's odds :-)

Are you waiting on 2.5k in refunds so? Fecking hell

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭fmul9798

Holds on cards expire.
    corcaigh07 wrote: »
    Are you waiting on 2.5k in refunds so? Fecking hell

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭clancger

Anyone's order get stuck at "Submitted"..? Further down it says "order en route" and shows a 10 digit tracking number that is not (yet?) active.. been like this about 24 hrs now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,237 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

clancger wrote: »
    Anyone's order get stuck at "Submitted"..? Further down it says "order en route" and shows a 10 digit tracking number that is not (yet?) active.. been like this about 24 hrs now

You order is on the way with AnPost.

AnPost has problems with the web tracking at the moment, so once that is sorted you will see updates when you copy/paste the tracking number into track.anpost.ie .

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Topdolla

clancger wrote: »

My order went to en route last night, I checked the tracking and it worked but it is down this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 hampton

How did you manage to do it with an existing number? Any time I try to use my VF number and account the discount disappears.
    It works, I got a phone this morning without a new SIM card

• Registered Users Posts: 517 ✭✭✭benji79

I’ve tried 5 times.

Used different options- keeping my Vodafone number, picking new number. Tried setting up as a brand new customer using new email address. Tried two separate cards-one credit , one debit.
    Tried from a phone, off a laptop, on an iPad.
    Used different browsers

All cancellations

Been with Vodafone since 2002 with no issues, etc.

Would love to know what’s the issue, if everyone was cancelled it would be one thing but some people having no issues. Just wondering am I doing some small thing wrong or what. It’s annoying me at this stage now

• Registered Users Posts: 14 StudentforLife

I ordered on Tuesday and got an order number but then no email, contacted on chat and my order was cancelled due to a technical issue!
    Re-ordered Wednesday morning, got an email then a dispatch email. Tracking didn't work in AnPost, it never does, then I got an email from AnPost to say would be delivered Thursday.
    Arrived Thursday.
    I am not a Vodafone customer and had signed up to a sim only plan but the phone arrived with no SIM just a leaflet about setting up a new SIM.
    Thanks very much for posting this and the discount code. I wanted a smaller phone but as nothing wrong with my existing phone couldn't really justify spending nearly €400.

I’m thinking there has to be something in common with people that are getting the orders successfully.
    Like same bank or card, etc.
    There must be some type of glitch on the site that’s allowing something but not others

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭MeMen2_MoRi_

Google browser
    Ebs card
    Kept same number (galaxy buds offer, when I transferred from 48)
    Used the code
    2nd attempt it went through

Thursday I got onto their CS on Twitter and they cancelled it, the phone was gone from the site I asked would it be back in stock, was told they didn't have that information just too keep an eye on the site and if I place the order again it will go through.

• Registered Users Posts: 965 ✭✭✭SnuggyBear

It probably goes out of stock and then back in stock cos lost orders fail

Got my refund at least. Do Google ever discount their phones on their own website? No way I'd ever try buying anything off Vodafones site again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 108 ✭✭Lemon Davis lll

I've 2k+ points in the Irish life app but when I click through to the VF offer I'm directed to this.

What gives?
    Sorry, you would need at least 2,000 points to redeem this reward. You can add it to ’My wish list’ for now and continue to collect points to redeem it once you have enough points.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 StudentforLife

If it helps I used a Visa card, new customer sim only monthly top up, VHI code worked and the transaction that worked was at 7.30am.

I've 2k+ points in the Irish life app but when I click through to the VF offer I'm directed to this.

What gives?

VF0013

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,786 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

Anyone able to tell me how I return an online order. I know this is a Pixel thread but I ordered the iPhone SE with this offer and I've changed my mind and going to return it to Vodafone for refund

Badly fukt wrote: »
    VF0013

Thanks, though price then reverts to €279 during the checkout process

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,678 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

Do you have to click through a link from the Irish Life app though? I've been on the VF site and couldn't see anywhere to enter a promo code
    It's when you go to pay for it on the vodafone site. It will list for 279 and then there's a box under that (for I think they call it a referral code maybe?). You enter the code there and the price changes to 179.

I’m not even that bothered about phone anymore, just curious to figure out why it works for some and not others

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,756 ✭✭✭sxt

benji79 wrote: »
    I’m not even that bothered about phone anymore, just curious to figure out why it works for some and not others

It's the mobile Mobile tech God's punishing you for some reason..

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I work in IT as a software developer. I can only assume I am being punished with this bug for all the bugs I have inflicted on others.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,936 ✭✭✭JDxtra

There's a special place in hell for all the numpties that designed, developed, tested and signed off on the Vodafone.ie web site.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

Am I right in saying any cancelled orders with money taken will take about 7 days to come back?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭cloneslad

I have a €100 discount code for this or the iPhone XR from the Irish Life thing if anyone wants it.

I thought the discount would work with the 4A 5G but don't think it does and my work phone is an iPhone so I like to keep my personal one as android.

If you want it send me a PM and I'll send it to the first person

cloneslad wrote: »
    I have a €100 discount code for this or the iPhone XR from the Irish Life thing if anyone wants it.

I thought the discount would work with the 4A 5G but don't think it does and my work phone is an iPhone so I like to keep my personal one as android.

If you want it send me a PM and I'll send it to the first person

Bet it's VF0013

Unlucky for some, 13

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭curranbaz

Managed 2 order one, I think, **** knows with Vodafone! When I went 2 checkout I got some error about the email/phone no. being already in use, I have BB with them! Signed into my account & went back 2 basket & was able 2 checkout @ €179! Got a tracking number so will wait & see!

Thanks OP & whoever posted the discount code!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,237 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

AnPost web tracking is back for those who are concerned about the shipments.

Got my cash that was on hold on my Visa returned to my card today for the first attempt on the 17th

Received order confirmation email last night but.....

- no despatch email

- order status 'Not Found' on the Fonua website

- no € debited from account

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭NewClareman

They definitely keep some history, that might be impacting cancellations. I signed up with a new email address for this offer, using my personal mobile number that was with VF up to last year. I was surprised that my order details included a reference to a work mobile number which I hadn't used in a number of years.

My order is showing as sorted at Dublin AnPost hub, @ 19:22 on 23rd April.

Update: Delivered this morning, 26th April.

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Thar_Cian

I placed an order yesterday evening and got a dispatch email an hour later, but I'm not entirely sure how to track it. I was given an order confirmation number and a reference number.

Thar_Cian wrote: »
    I placed an order yesterday evening and got a dispatch email an hour later, but I'm not entirely sure how to track it. I was given an order confirmation number and a reference number.

You track it on an post
    https://www.anpost.com/Post-Parcels/Track/Search

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,853 ✭✭✭bromley52

What is the general consensus on a good case for the 4a?

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Thar_Cian

Badly fukt wrote: »
    I'm not sure which number to use, though; both give the "We don't have your parcel yet" message.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,678 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

The reference number worked for me although it took maybe 12 hours or longer for it to show up on anpost's system.
    It should arrive within a couple of working days.

I'm not sure which number to use, though; both give the "We don't have your parcel yet" message.

Yeah it takes a day before it's active. Mine shipped Friday but I couldn't track it until Saturday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 547 ✭✭✭gerard2210

Anpost probably won't pick up your package until tomorrow evening, so it won't show on the tracking system until then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭rizzee

Just ordered there. Took the money straight away and got an order number. No email though. Fingers crossed. Thanks all.

• Advertisement

rizzee wrote: »
    Just ordered there. Took the money straight away and got an order number. No email though. Fingers crossed. Thanks all.

You need confirmation. Check the website, is your order on open or submitted. Open usually means it's failed

You need confirmation. Check the website, is your order on open or submitted. Open usually means it's failed

I placed the order when I wasn't logged in with an email separate to my VF account. Do I have to register with that email in order to check orders?

Logged into my standard account there and no orders.

Apart from that, I took a screenshot after it took the money and it says:

" Thanks for your order.

Your order number is xxx

The order confirmation was sent to xxx@gmail.com

We will send your contract to the email address provided
    , It will also be available to review on my Vodafone

"

Then it says your order will be sent by Standard Del to xxx

I placed the order when I wasn't logged in with an email separate to my VF account. Do I have to register with that email in order to check orders?

Logged into my standard account there and no orders.

Apart from that, I took a screenshot after it took the money and it says:

" Thanks for your order.

Your order number is xxx

The order confirmation was sent to xxx@gmail.com

We will send your contract to the email address provided
    , It will also be available to review on my Vodafone

"

Then it says your order will be sent by Standard Del to xxx

Yes I got that too, but my order was stuck and I never got a confirmation email. A few days later I had to contact support to cancel the stuck other. Log in with the email you placed the order with and see the status of your order

Yes I got that too, but my order was stuck and I never got a confirmation email. A few days later I had to contact support to cancel the stuck other. Log in with the email you placed the order with and see the status of your order

Ah no way.

I registered with the email address I placed the order with, went to My Records and Orders, there's nothing there.

Ah no way.

I registered with the email address I placed the order with, went to My Records and Orders, there's nothing there.

Contact support, ask them

Contact support, ask them

17:16 rachit
    I would like to inform you that the order is confirmed and the time frame for the order confirmation on email is 24 working hours, please do not worry, you will get the confirmation by tomorrow morning as the team for the same is not there on Sunday, so you will get the confirmation tomorrow morning , please do not worry on that part. :)

17:17 rachit
    It is not canceled., please do not worry.

17:18 rachit
    You will get the confirmation by tomorrow. :)

I have checked the same at my end.

• Advertisement

I wonder has the Irish Life code something todo with all the issues.

Maybe Vodafone built in some cap on the number of discounts they were going to allow

I wonder if someone tried to buy at the €279 would it magically go through

17:16 rachit
    I would like to inform you that the order is confirmed and the time frame for the order confirmation on email is 24 working hours, please do not worry, you will get the confirmation by tomorrow morning as the team for the same is not there on Sunday, so you will get the confirmation tomorrow morning , please do not worry on that part. :)

17:17 rachit
    It is not canceled., please do not worry.

You will get the confirmation by tomorrow. :)

I have checked the same at my end.

You're in business then so.

I wonder has the Irish Life code something todo with all the issues.

Maybe Vodafone built in some cap on the number of discounts they were going to allow

I wonder if someone tried to buy at the €279 would it magically go through

You try sure

SnuggyBear wrote: »
    You try sure

I probably will try it. At €279 it’s still a good price

I probably will try it. At €279 it’s still a good price

People had the same issue at the €279 price before the code became known.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058176239&page=4

• Advertisement
Advertisement