Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Google Pixel 4A - euro 179 on Vodafone

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 965 ✭✭✭SnuggyBear

honda boi wrote: »
    Go on, you trying again? :P

I'm tempted but I'm waiting for all the money to go back on the card before I think about it again.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

SnuggyBear wrote: »
    LOL wow

Yeah, welcome to the wonderful world of the Vodafone website. It really is hard to believe that a company as big as Vodafone can have such a poor online store for so long.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭honda boi

When in your cart it shows up as 280 and you need the code to bring it back down.

Just as we thought the site couldn't get any worse.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

SnuggyBear wrote: »
    I'm tempted but I'm waiting for all the money to go back on the card before I think about it again.

I can't. The site has broke me. If they reduce it to 180 without a code I might try again as maybe the code is increasing the failure rate a bit.

Anyone who has been successful getting this should try and get a few more to sell on to fellow boardsies at cost. They'd be the most loved posted on BA :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,936 ✭✭✭JDxtra

Regardless of any "bargain", I'm never ordering anything on Vodafone.ie again. Time Wasted > Money Saved.

If I do ever receive my phone, I take comfort in the fact that it's unlocked and will never be used by me on the VF network.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Warbeastrior

I broke my 3a XL last week. Would this be a good option to replace it with?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 383 ✭✭IrishB.ie

What code?

I broke my 3a XL last week. Would this be a good option to replace it with?

It will be similar enough in day to day usage I reckon but more storage. The screen/phone is smaller so that might be a good thing or bad thing depending on how you felt about the screen on the 3a XL. The problem is, getting one is a pain in the hole.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,237 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

Great news for me.

AnPost decided that a status "sending back to sender" does not actually mean it and my local postman dropped it this morning in my mailbox.

I approached him and he was "Yeah I don't know what happened there, I saw it on the shelf and hence grabbed it".

God bless him.

Now I have a new toy to play with.

• Advertisement

It will be similar enough in day to day usage I reckon but more storage. The screen/phone is smaller so that might be a good thing or bad thing depending on how you felt about the screen on the 3a XL. The problem is, getting one is a pain in the hole.

I was put off the 3a cos of its size so the XL suited me better.
    The 4a is very similar in size to the 3a XL by the looks of it though. (6" compared to 5.81")

Is there a code to get it down to €179.99?

I was put off the 3a cos of its size so the XL suited me better.
    The 4a is very similar in size to the 3a XL by the looks of it though. (6" compared to 5.81")

Is there a code to get it down to €179.99?

The code is VM0013. When all 7 of the orders you will eventually place all get cancelled don't blame me :pac;

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭rizzee

The code is VM0013. When all 7 of the orders you will eventually place all get cancelled don't blame me :pac;

VF0013 ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭RedRochey

Just came across this, the girlfriend is looking for a new phone so this is perfect, any idea how long those promo codes will last?

rizzee wrote: »
    VF0013 ;)

My subconscious must have been trying to save him the pain.

My subconscious must have been trying to save him the pain.

Ha. Tried it but no good with the promo code. Returning an error message.

• Advertisement

My order went through and got a confirmation email for the 179 euro price.
    Whats the issues that arise now?

My order went through and got a confirmation email for the 179 euro price.
    Whats the issues that arise now?

It could just get cancelled at this stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,839 ✭✭✭✭cormie

VF0013 is taking what's in my cart from €279 to.... €279 :confused: It crosses out the €279 in red and shows the new price of €279 underneath haha.

Where are folks getting their decoy sim cards these days? Eir for €10?

Phone has been dispatched.

Count your lucky stars so :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,936 ✭✭✭JDxtra

cormie wrote: »
    Where are folks getting their decoy sim cards these days? Eir for €10?

There is no need to port a number.

Nice one. Was that your first attempt at ordering it?

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭thenightman

Gave it a bash there anyway, will see if it gets dispatched. Battery is on the way out on my one plus 6 so this would be a handy replacement. Grand to get the new Google OS updates too.

Gave it a bash there anyway, will see if it gets dispatched. Battery is on the way out on my one plus 6 so this would be a handy replacement. Grand to get the new Google OS updates too.

I came from a OnePlus 5. Vanilla Android is lovely but I wish Google didn't force the default notification sound for all apps and stopped them using their own sounds. I've installed Zedge and downloaded the messages and telegram sounds and manually set them but the main one I'm annoyed with is sofa score which has different sounds for alerts, goals, full time etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,947 ✭✭✭long_b

Chanced me arm.
    I did notice a couple of notifications flash at the bottom of the screen as I made the payment.
    Didn't get to see the text of the notifications.

(The VF code still works. Discount doesn't get applied till checkout though)

• Registered Users Posts: 15 JageMeister

Just chanced it there, code works but as mentioned here discount doesn't get applied until right at the end. All seemed to work grand, order confirmation received. Let's see if it arrives, cracking deal if so!

Anyone know if they're unlocked? Don't think google phones come network locked.

Nice one. Was that your first attempt at ordering it?

It was.

Just chanced it there, code works but as mentioned here discount doesn't get applied until right at the end. All seemed to work grand, order confirmation received. Let's see if it arrives, cracking deal if so!

Definitely unlocked.
    It was.

Ya lucky bastid. I am very jealous. Enjoy the new phone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 535 ✭✭✭tmh106

Same for me. First time ordering, order went through with no problems. Ordered it a few hours ago, received an "order dispatched" email a few minutes ago.

Does anyone know a good case for this phone? Given some of the earlier notes here, I'll probably wait until I have the phone physically in my hands before ordering a case, but be good to have one lined up ready to order assuming I do get the phone.

tmh106 wrote: »
    Same for me. First time ordering, order went through with no problems. Ordered it a few hours ago, received an "order dispatched" email a few minutes ago.

Does anyone know a good case for this phone? Given some of the earlier notes here, I'll probably wait until I have the phone physically in my hands before ordering a case, but be good to have one lined up ready to order assuming I do get the phone.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B08B4HKRSZ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_glt_fabc_VXG3Z09TP0RFT48EZST5?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Using this the last few days, it's perfect. I like a minimal case, the glass protector works well too with no response issues, smudges etc. Also picked up a heavy duty case on AliExpress but won't be here for a while and unsure if I'll even use it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,475 ✭✭✭Ryath

Got the Spigen ones from amazon Germany €29 delivered for case and screen protectors.

https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B086PRGH7K/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B083N5DD7K/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Case is quite though I'm tempted to order this one from Amazon.com. I used to use a flip one with my oneplus that could fit cards so it was handy to carry drivers license and revolut card. Saved having to always carry my wallet.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08FDDBD2R/ref=twister_B08FDC4GXZ?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,947 ✭✭✭long_b

long_b wrote: »
    Chanced me arm.
    I did notice a couple of notifications flash at the bottom of the screen as I made the payment.
    Didn't get to see the text of the notifications.

(The VF code still works. Discount doesn't get applied till checkout though)

Aaand cancelled.
    I had great luck with ordering the 3a.
    Seems to have run out :(

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭thenightman

Aye, same. Back to the drawing board so, not arsed playing whack a mole with that god awful site anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭maddog1983

has anybody received 4a for 179 price? Would in store maybe have same offer as it looks like its not going to drop again?

maddog1983 wrote: »
    has anybody received 4a for 179 price? Would in store maybe have same offer as it looks like its not going to drop again?

Lots here have. It's 279 in-store and discount can't be applied there, completely different T&C's.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭maddog1983

rizzee wrote: »
    Lots here have. It's 279 in-store and discount can't be applied there, completely different T&C's.

Thanks for reply. Where can I get discount code please?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭loki7777

maddog1983 wrote: »
    Thanks for reply. Where can I get discount code please?

VF0013

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭RedRochey

Does this work for existing customers or is only for new customers who switch to vodafone?

RedRochey wrote: »
    Does this work for existing customers or is only for new customers who switch to vodafone?

It's surprised to be for existing customers but loads of people have got it working for new customers without switching.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 tomasie

Tried for the 5th or 6th time today 😹 this is the first time I have received an order confirmation email, so fingers crossed.

The buying process was a bit different this week, maybe they updated their systems.

Either way, if some of you folks still have hopes, that's what I did: Cleared cookies, used new email address and new phone number for the delivery. Delivery address and payment card (Revolut MC) was the same as previously with unsuccessful tries.

Let us know how you get on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭deiseindublin

Just tried for the 4th time, think will give up now if this isn't dispatched. The other three payments have been pending for days so unlikely they'll arrive.

tomasie wrote: »
    Tried for the 5th or 6th time today 😹 this is the first time I have received an order confirmation email, so fingers crossed.

The buying process was a bit different this week, maybe they updated their systems.

Either way, if some of you folks still have hopes, that's what I did: Cleared cookies, used new email address and new phone number for the delivery. Delivery address and payment card (Revolut MC) was the same as previously with unsuccessful tries.

Cancelled :)

Would Vodafone have any stock of this phone in shops or is it online only. I don't mind paying 280 for it, that's still 100 cheaper than buying from Google.

Would Vodafone have any stock of this phone in shops or is it online only. I don't mind paying 280 for it, that's still 100 cheaper than buying from Google.

Yeah they're in certain stores too. Good luck ringing up and getting through, Blanchardstown don't seem to monitor the phones anyway. Also, opening hours information isn't right on Google so keep that in mind too.

• Advertisement

Still waiting on mine to be dispatched/cancelled. All I've gotten is the confirmation email! Went with a new number from vodafone as opposed to switching. Whole thing seems totally randomized.

Still waiting on mine to be dispatched/cancelled. All I've gotten is the confirmation email! Went with a new number from vodafone as opposed to switching. Whole thing seems totally randomized.

You can check the order status through your vf account. It will show the current status, as there's no cancellation email. If it's more than a day since the order and still no dispatch notification you were unlucky, I'm afraid.

tomasie wrote: »
    You can check the order status through your vf account. It will show the current status, as there's no cancellation email. If it's more than a day since the order and still no dispatch notification you were unlucky, I'm afraid.

Just checked, cancelled! Ah well!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,839 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Thanks everyone, I didn't realise people were actually getting successful deliveries of the 4a at €179.99, so I just tried and put an order through myself, just as a new customer in an incognito window and using a different email address than my usual VF account email and it went through fine. Guessing a high chance it'll still be cancelled. But just to double check, I don't need to cancel anything when it arrives for the €20 plan, I can just put the sim into a drawer if I ever need a spare and ignore it and use the phone from the get go, right? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 517 ✭✭✭benji79

For anyone who has been trying it may be worth another go.

I’ve had 13 orders cancelled!!!

I’d given up really but tried once more this morning as I knew offer is over tomorrow. Got a confirmation but wasn’t too excited as that’s happened maybe 4/5 previously

However I’ve since received an email with tracking number. So I’m bit hopeful but until I have phone in my hand I’ll not take it as sorted

I used my regular Vodafone account, same email, card etc. Nothing different

So maybe some glitch is sorted, might be worth another go for anyone who’s failed previously

• Advertisement
Advertisement