Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Google Pixel 4A - euro 179 on Vodafone

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,678 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

cormie wrote: »
    Guessing a high chance it'll still be cancelled. But just to double check, I don't need to cancel anything when it arrives for the €20 plan, I can just put the sim into a drawer if I ever need a spare and ignore it and use the phone from the get go, right? :)
    If you get the dispatch email (usually sent some hours after the order confirmation email then you should be fine.
    The phone comes unlocked so you can use any SIM you want straight away. There's no need to do anything with the vodafone SIM to activate the phone or anything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,839 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Thanks a lot :) Will keep an eye out for it!

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭fmul9798

Maybe troll has a day off
    benji79 wrote: »
    For anyone who has been trying it may be worth another go.

I’ve had 13 orders cancelled!!!

I’d given up really but tried once more this morning as I knew offer is over tomorrow. Got a confirmation but wasn’t too excited as that’s happened maybe 4/5 previously

However I’ve since received an email with tracking number. So I’m bit hopeful but until I have phone in my hand I’ll not take it as sorted

I used my regular Vodafone account, same email, card etc. Nothing different

So maybe some glitch is sorted, might be worth another go for anyone who’s failed previously

• Registered Users Posts: 517 ✭✭✭benji79

It’s bizarre really. Why that worked for me today, I did zero different. Wasn’t even going to try but was sitting in front of tv doing nothing so chances it.

I’m still waiting for something else to go wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭jusvi2001

It’s bizarre really. Why that worked for me today, I did zero different. Wasn’t even going to try but was sitting in front of tv doing nothing so chances it.

I’m still waiting for something else to go wrong

i am tempted to try again...lost count of my failed attempts...did the screen flicker after making payment and just before the customer survey.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭francozola

What's the VF0013 code for? Is there anything illegal in using it to get money off or is it a glitch in the system?

jusvi2001 wrote: »
    i am tempted to try again...lost count of my failed attempts...did the screen flicker after making payment and just before the customer survey.

Yes it was spinning and loading for ages. So I just assumed it was failing again because last 6 or 7 times I’ve just got an error in final page and didn’t get as far as an order number etc
    So was somewhat surprised when it got to final page and gave me an order number and instant confirmation email. Still expected it to be cancelled like previously but got email with tracking number an hour later, nearly fell off my seat when that arrived
    Sums up the Vodafone website when you’re surprised that you may have actually managed to order something

So if anyone was unsuccessful previously I’d try it , maybe something has fixed on site. As far as I’m aware the €179 price is finished tomorrow

francozola wrote: »
    What's the VF0013 code for? Is there anything illegal in using it to get money off or is it a glitch in the system?

It’s through the Irish Life Health App so fine to use it. It’s the same code for everyone so not individually assigned so ok to use

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,756 ✭✭✭sxt

Well done benji

"Whoever knocks persistently, ends by entering" Muhammad Ali

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭reni10

I had 1 successful order a few weeks ago and then wanted to order 1 more for a family member and had 4 cancelled after that 1 success so I just tried again now just to give it one last chance...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Yes it was spinning and loading for ages. So I just assumed it was failing again because last 6 or 7 times I’ve just got an error in final page and didn’t get as far as an order number etc
    So was somewhat surprised when it got to final page and gave me an order number and instant confirmation email. Still expected it to be cancelled like previously but got email with tracking number an hour later, nearly fell off my seat when that arrived
    Sums up the Vodafone website when you’re surprised that you may have actually managed to order something

So if anyone was unsuccessful previously I’d try it , maybe something has fixed on site. As far as I’m aware the €179 price is finished tomorrow

53e8060bd47d3e4a841d61c2ec7f9d4a.jpg

After seeing this I decided to subject myself to more punishment. I must be near double digits in orders placed at this stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,936 ✭✭✭JDxtra

Still no phone here. Stuck in An Post sorting hub since Wednesday for absolutely no reason at all.

So, even after all the hurdles of ordering one there is more pain to follow!

• Registered Users Posts: 965 ✭✭✭SnuggyBear

Tempted to try one more time tomorrow when the money comes back onto my card

I did try again, but I do suspect benji getting this far is the real "rare technical glitch"

Tried again...after one hour the order is showing cancelled...not surprised....not again.

For god sake, that’s a joke at this stage. I’d assumed something must be rectified but obviously not.
    As I said until I’ve the phone in my hand I’m counting nothing

Cancelled again here, having received confirmation email...

• Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭Housefree

JDxtra wrote: »
    Still no phone here. Stuck in An Post sorting hub since Wednesday for absolutely no reason at all.

So, even after all the hurdles of ordering one there is more pain to follow!

It's a bank holiday weekend, they deserve a break as well

I did not use my existing account this time so how can I check if mine has been cancelled as I used a new email address?

• Advertisement

I called into the Vodafone store in Wilton after work earlier, no stock there or in any of the Cork stores according to the staff there. I see Google are now selling the 4a for €339. Tempted to go for it despite the extra money.

For god sake, that’s a joke at this stage. I’d assumed something must be rectified but obviously not.
    As I said until I’ve the phone in my hand I’m counting nothing

This has been going on for years. I don't think it will ever be fixed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭loki7777

How long took You to get the money back? I have order(both cancelled) from 25 and 27 and still not credited to my account

loki7777 wrote: »
    How long took You to get the money back? I have order(both cancelled) from 25 and 27 and still not credited to my account

8 days for me

It's a bank holiday weekend

Took a week for me to be refunded.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭loki7777

SnuggyBear wrote: »
    It's a bank holiday weekend

I know. Will wait till tomorrow and ask vodafone about it.

Mine was cancelled for the 5th time so I am not going to bother again!

It is taking about 10 days for the money to go back into my account as well so not worth it!

Absolutely useless Vodafone....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭deiseindublin

Did they actually take the money or it just stayed pending? I have 4 pending now on different cards but unlikely to get any phone. I'm dreading that I may have to contact them on four different chats to beg for my money back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

8 days for me as well, transactions reverted on Revolut.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,237 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

I called into the Vodafone store in Wilton after work earlier, no stock there or in any of the Cork stores according to the staff there. I see Google are now selling the 4a for €339. Tempted to go for it despite the extra money.

I think for 339€ you might get better alternatives.

Don't get me wrong, it's a nice little phone and well worth the 179€ but for 339€ you might be better off getting something newer than this nearly 1 year old phone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭rizzee

I think for 339€ you might get better alternatives.

Don't get me wrong, it's a nice little phone and well worth the 179€ but for 339€ you might be better off getting something newer than this nearly 1 year old phone.

Agreed. I'd be kicking myself if I paid full price for it, knowing that it was available/people received it at almost half Googles price.

Have people sent letters of complaint/ notified Vodafone of these issues? Surely there has to be a suggestion of complaints procedure in place? (Although it wouldn't surprise me if there wasn't!!)

Bombard them:

Vodafone,
    Postpaid Admin,
    MountainView,
    Leopardstown,
    Dublin 18

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

rizzee wrote: »
    Agreed. I'd be kicking myself if I paid full price for it, knowing that it was available/people received it at almost half Googles price.

Have people sent letters of complaint/ notified Vodafone of these issues? Surely there has to be a suggestion of complaints procedure in place? (Although it wouldn't surprise me if there wasn't!!)

Bombard them:

Vodafone,
    Postpaid Admin,
    MountainView,
    Leopardstown,
    Dublin 18

I went through Vodafone's customer support but you would be better off talking to a wall. At least the wall won't lead you on a wild goose chase. Depending on who you talk to you'll get told it is and never was in stock, you're doing something wrong or a temporary glitch on their website that their IT team is looking to resolve.

I did get a complaints reference number from them but not really sure what I can do with that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,070 ✭✭✭✭event

Why do people persist in making these orders? There's a very slim chance they'll go through, you're only setting yourself up to be annoyed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭pippip

event wrote: »
    Why do people persist in making these orders? There's a very slim chance they'll go through, you're only setting yourself up to be annoyed

Tell that to the ones who have their 179 phones.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 tomasie

Probably the same reason people keep eating habanero peppers, or some other self inflicted painful experiences. I just ordered again ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,237 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

Some of us got it on first try.

So there is no clear reason why someone might not get this bargain. So the hope lives with those who did not succeed initially.

Third time lucky for me

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Rock Paper Scissors

Ordered 3, all 3 orders went through no problem

Sold 2 on adverts and got mine for free :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 535 ✭✭✭tmh106

Mine arrived today. Ordered Saturday.

Thanks for this thread. Wife broke her phone on Friday evening (water damage on a Pixel 3A), ordered this on Saturday evening. Got dispatch confirmation on Saturday night. Wife's phone started working again on Sunday. Pixel 4A arrived today. Much easier to accept since the 4A only cost €179

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭deiseindublin

Why don't VF like me.
    Have tried 4 times now. :(

Why don't VF like me.
    Have tried 4 times now. :(

those-are-rookie-numbers-here.jpg

Ordered 3, all 3 orders went through no problem

Sold 2 on adverts and got mine for free :)

Congratulations. you should try lotto now.

what did you do different than the steps mentioned on this thread...mind sharing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭rizzee

Refunds received today. 8 days from cancellation

what did you do different than the steps mentioned on this thread...mind sharing?

He didn't do anything different. There is no figuring out to be done, the website is a troll.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 108 ✭✭Lemon Davis lll

Dudes a well known WUM

Ignore

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭maddog1983

ordered pixel 4a for 179.99 at 8am this morning existing customer with the code VF0013 and dispatched at 11am. i tried previously with sim from lycra and it didn't go through and was cancelled still pending refund ! . so chanced my own Vodafone number and went through, looks like existing customers get the deal maybe !

Money came back on my card today so tried for 8th time. Cancelled.

looks like the tab to add promotional code is disappeared.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭ptyloch

looks like the tab to add promotional code is disappeared.

Yeah, I got the same when I tried to order, it was there in the morning but now it’s gone....

Advertisement