Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Ballsbridge or Blackrock for a Business PLC?

• 08-04-2021 4:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 35

How's things?

Does anyone have any advice on choosing between BFEI or Ballsbridge for a 5M2012 Business PLC. For acceptance through QQI-FET into my Level8 course, I need 390 FET points.

What college would best be suited to achieving those grades. Also, is it difficult to achieve 390 FET points? I'm a 490 points LC student to put that into proportion.

Any advice at all is hugely appreciated.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,103 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

It is you gets the grades, not the college.

Ballsbridge would have been among the schools that originally started PLC courses years ago, so they have plenty experience, but Blackrock is equally good. Go to which ever one is handiest for you to get to.

If you do your assignments properly and on time you will get your grades. Put in something unique or 'above and beyond' and you will get distinctions.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 TheFinanceGod

Ideal, thank you very much for your reply.

I'm based in Wicklow, so I reckon Blackrock will probably be the easiest although I'll do a bit more research.

Out of curiosity, how much work is required to achieve the necessary 390 Points I need? Obviously that is a very blunt question but would you need to really graft for the points?

Again, thanks for the reply.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,103 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Some people will find it very difficult, some people won't.

People come to PLCs from all sorts of paths. There will be people find basic research very difficult, there will be people who already have degrees. There will be people there because their mother filled it in on the form. There will be people who really wanted something else and are just killing time.

If you are a 400+ LC student you should be fine. I think you should aim to give it your all and really wow people with your assignments. It will stand to you.
    Don't miss submission dates, or attendance.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 TheFinanceGod

Ideal, thanks a million for the reply. Appreciate it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 KalebRamirez2020

wow

• Advertisement
Advertisement