Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prince Philip Dies - mod warning in OP. Read it or get yourself threadbanned

Options

Comments

JohnMcm1 wrote: »
    Some of the responses here are incredibly insensitive. Regardless of your feelings toward him a family is currently grieving the loss of their loved one and we should all respect that. What if one of them were to come across some of the malicious comments here?

I mean, the Royal Family are responsible for far worse than a few unsavoury comments on a message board.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,419 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

Kivaro wrote: »
    Was that at a "private members" function?

In a Pizza Express

• Registered Users Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭UrbanFret

Some of the responses here are incredibly insensitive. Regardless of your feelings toward him a family is currently grieving the loss of their loved one and we should all respect that. What if one of them were to come across some of the malicious comments here?

Boo Fcuking hoo.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭buttercups88

6pm tomorrow, St. Michael's, Inchicore.

Everyone is invited back to the Palace for soup and sambos afterwards.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 79 ✭✭JohnMcm1

I mean, the Royal Family are responsible for far worse than a few unsavoury comments on a message board.

Like what?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

I bet he wishes he drank that pint of Guinness now!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭Hamsterchops

Ha ha, that's the kind of (Un-Pc) language Philip might have used while hosting a dinner at the palace back in the 70s :)

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭android1

If only he could have lived just one more year he would have gotten a telegram from the Queen.

Like what?

The grandson was a soldier in an illegal war.
    The son is probably a nonse
    His family in Russia were pretty horrible to the locals
    And his wife's family fought a war with said cousins that killed millions.

All of that is without even part blaming them for what Britain does

breezy1985 wrote: »
    The grandson was a soldier in an illegal war.
    The son is probably a nonse
    His family in Russia were pretty horrible to the locals
    And his wife's family fought a war with said cousins that killed millions.

All of that is without even part blaming them for what Britain does

Personally admire Harry serving tbh. The other fella fly's search and rescue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭knucklehead6

Ha ha, that's the kind of (Un-Pc) language Philip might have used while hosting a dinner at the palace back in the 70s :)

Somehow I'd doubt it... I get the impression that he was very happy being 'better' than his fellow man.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not going to be dancing on a grave or anything, but nor will I be crying tears over his death.

And I'd hazard a guess that the vast majority of the people reading and responding to this thread will b the same

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭Be right back

android1 wrote: »
    If only he could have lived just one more year he would have gotten a telegram from the Queen.

Or until June.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,814 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

**Breaking News**

Boris also will be delighted it takes global focus off a escalating domestic problem in NI.

Makes you wonder was it some dastardly plan on the part of Boris :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭Hamsterchops

Don't get me wrong, I'm not going to be dancing on a grave or anything, but nor will I be crying tears over his death.

And I'd hazard a guess that the vast majority of the people reading and responding to this thread will b the same

Really?

Well I liked him anyway, and I'll mourn his passing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

android1 wrote: »

Two months more only!

I wonder how long it will take the Guardian to publish the "he was a racist" articles. They must have them ready to go, just need to pull the trigger when the dust settles in a day or two.

Personally admire Harry serving tbh. The other fella fly's search and rescue.

I don't admire anyone who fought in Iraq

Edit: Afghanistan sorry

Really?

Well I liked him anyway, and I'll mourn his passing.

I tend not to mourn people I've never met. Even those I've heard of. And yes, I'm of the opinion that most of us are the same.

I liked some of his gaffes, I enjoyed reading the quotes that were posted up, but I felt the same when Robin Williams passed away. My reaction was "aww, that's a pity" but that was it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Bbc gone full “we interrupt this programme” mode
    And? Did you expect them to ignore the passing of the reigning Monarch's spouse of 70 years?

:rolleyes:

That's your prerogative.

I know one or two, there are a few more from this site that spent time over there and Afghanistan

And just as an aside, Harry didn't serve in Iraq, he was in Afghanistan.

• Advertisement

Didn't serve in Iraq you moron. Imagine starting an argument and having your facts completely wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,895 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Boomer is internet slang for an older person who is out of touch with modern society.

If being against an unelected family holding extreme wealth, privilege, and power makes me a boomer, then I'll gladly be one so.

Imagine being supportive of such vermin.
    I wonder how long it will take the Guardian to publish the "he was a racist" articles. They must have them ready to go, just need to pull the trigger when the dust settles in a day or two.

So you think they should cover up the truth because it might upset rich and powerful people?

That's your prerogative.

I know one or two, there are a few more from this site that spent time over there and Afghanistan

And just as an aside, Harry didn't serve in Iraq, he was in Afghanistan.

Ya my bad it was Afghanistan. Same dirty war at the end of the day though

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭one armed dwarf

Wonder will Boris ease restrictions for a big state funeral

Doubtful

Ya my bad it was Afghanistan. Same dirty war at the end of the day though

I'd like to see you pilot an apache helicopter or lead a recce platoon in Afghanistan.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,681 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

I'd like to see you pilot an apache helicopter or lead a recce platoon in Afghanistan.

Or as Prince Philip did, serve on battleships and destroyers fighting against the Axis in world war two...

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,895 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

For what reason?

Why would any of us on here want to commit war crimes?

You think going to foreign lands and slaughtering brown skinned people is something to be proud of?

Zebra3 wrote: »
    For what reason?

Why would any of us on here want to commit war crimes?

You think going to foreign lands and slaughtering brown skinned people is something to be proud of?

That's a very simplistic outlook on what was a complicated geo political issue at the time.

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Not Pizza Express?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭begbysback

Didn't serve in Iraq you moron. Imagine starting an argument and having your facts completely wrong.

Don’t have to imagine it, is quite a regular occurrence round these parts.

Advertisement