Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prince Philip Dies - mod warning in OP. Read it or get yourself threadbanned

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,032 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Pussyhands wrote: »
    Can anyone explain the Jedward thing? They've blocked me on twitter.

Were they mocking Phillip? After all their "be kind" stuff?

I can’t explain jedward in general so no. Sure years ago on Twitter I said something about jedward that wasn’t really anything negative, more of an observation. Jesus their fans went for me as if I’d personally attack them. Yeah this whole “be kind” message isn’t all it’s made out to be as fans of people in entertainment can be the exact opposite.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 Monkey arris

begbysback wrote: »
    This could actually be useful in certain situations, ie. taking a lie detector test, not having to replace clothes after sports, no body odour.

Or being accused of pedophilia.

They said

"R.I.P. Prince Philip! You are now in heaven flying high in the sky in peace". At least that is the tweet that is now there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 Monkey arris

6pm tomorrow, St. Michael's, Inchicore.

All round to Coffey's for sambos after ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,986 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Pat the Fishmonger getting a lot of airtime on the Irish news at the moment. Do yall know he visited Ireland at least 50 times during his lifetime.... a true friend to the Republic.

So is Prince Philip's death, virgin media news dedicated half its main bulletin to this. I sympathise but seriously. The reporters appeared bored, gritting their teeth with one poor sod broadcasting live from outside the brit embassy. Clearly a slow news day FFS

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,411 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

They said

"R.I.P. Prince Philip! You are now in heaven flying high in the sky in peace". At least that is the tweet that is now there.

In hevan wit princess Diana and da angels

• Registered Users Posts: 30,677 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Dempo1 wrote: »
    So is Prince Philip's death, virgin media news dedicated half its main bulletin to this. I sympathise but seriously. The reporters appeared bored, gritting their teeth with one poor sod broadcasting live from outside the brit embassy. Clearly a slow news day FFS

The piece on VM 6 o clock show was alright.
    Discussed the arrangements, Philips portrayal in the Crown and will the estranged family members attend the service

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 40,032 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

They said

I don’t see what the issue is with that tweet.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

There'll be a tonne of footage from ITV, cheap telly

• Registered Users Posts: 13,895 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

odyssey06 wrote: »
    Talk about axe to grind.

The person who died served with distinction in ww2 fighting the axis. How about discussing that?

The racist who fought for an empire that was occupying far more territory and people than the axis.

How about discussing that?

• Advertisement

There'll be a tonne of footage from ITV, cheap telly

Yes, BBC 1, 2, NEWS, PARLIAMENT all on the same S*****

Zebra3 wrote: »
    The racist who fought for an empire that was occupying far more territory and people than the axis.

You have now reached the point where your axe grinding puts you are on the side of the Nazis versus a war hero who fought against them.
    Your agenda is pretty obvious here and pretty contemptible. The hate is strong.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,552 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Zebra3 wrote: »

Someone has died. Show some respect or do not post

The piece on VM 6 o clock show was alright.
    Discussed the arrangements, Philips portrayal in the Crown and will the estranged family members attend the service

Riveting stuff I'm sure but the thought of seeing or listening to Martin King would be far to much for me :)

Riveting stuff I'm sure but the thought of seeing or listening to Martin King would be far to much for me :)

The weather has never been the same without him!

If someone on your local area had passed away I am sure there would be much discussion about whether the estranged family members would show for the funeral... it was a bit like that.
    Will it just be Harry etc etc

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Lmkrnr

Tootes awkees for Kate. Maybe she will offer her shoulder to the Queen and all will be forgiven.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,803 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Lmkrnr wrote: »
    Tootes awkees for Kate. Maybe she will offer her shoulder to the Queen and all will be forgiven.

Do you mean Meghan?

Lmkrnr wrote: »

Kate is Williams wife. Future queen.
    Scarleh for ya

The weather has never been the same without him!

If someone on your local area had passed away I am sure there would be much discussion about whether the estranged family members would show for the funeral... it was a bit like that.
    Will it just be Harry etc etc

I'm a dub but bought a cottage in Laois 20 years ago, speaking of someone local passing, I thought I was hallucinating when I heard for the first time local obituaries on local radio, surreal and bizzare, it also seems RIP. ie is the most popular website outside Dublin :) I just find it bizzare

• Registered Users Posts: 13,168 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Couldn't Harry just attend the funeral without Megan? When they tied the knot they didn't physically join themselves to each other permanently.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭TheBoyConor

Slep well Philip your wit de angles now

I have a few can for u 2nit

I'd say he slept with a fair few angels in his day already. He's a pure character and I'd imagine he was some "cad" in his younger days.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,120 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

flazio wrote: »
    Couldn't Harry just attend the funeral without Megan? When they tied the knot they didn't physically join themselves to each other permanently.

I'm not sure they're physically capable of not holding hands.

Always had a soft spot for him growing up but that was mainly my perception of his 'does not suffer fools gladly' spitting image persona rather than the real man.
    I wonder what he made of his portrayals on TV and later in the Crown.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭Wallet Inspector

I'm so sad. Such a tragedy - he had so much more life to live, to give. He left such a mark with all those... things that he did. I didn't know him but I felt like I knew him well - he was almost like a grandfather to me.

I feel like Waylon Smithers when it looked like Mr. Burns had drowned. To quote him, I reach to the pit of my heart and scream, achingly: "WHY DO THE GOOD ALWAYS DIE SO YOUNG?!!"

Good night sweet prince - to know you was to love you. :( xx

Celchick wrote: »
    I'm so sad. Such a tragedy - he had so much more life to live, to give. He left such a mark with all those... things that he did. I didn't know him but I felt like I knew him well - he was almost like a grandfather to me.

I feel like Waylon Smithers when it looked like Mr. Burns had drowned. To quote him, I reach to the pit of my heart and scream, achingly: "WHY DO THE GOOD ALWAYS DIE SO YOUNG?!!"

Good night sweet prince - to know you was to love you. :( xx

Very well put. But it seems to me that he lived his life like a candle in the wind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭Wallet Inspector

Very well put. But it seems to me that he lived his life like a candle in the wind.
    He was the wind beneath our wings.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭jippo nolan

afatbollix wrote: »
    'So I hear the two part pour is a load of marketing ****e....'

queen-elizabeth-ii-state-visit-to-dublin-ireland-shutterstock-editorial-1323990k.jpg

And Tubridy trying to squeeze between them to pay for the gargle!

Celchick wrote: »
    He was the wind beneath our wings.

A Prince among men, a shining light in a dark.... wait, what, .. Masterchef isn't on tonight?.. feck that ****, he was 99 for Christ's sake!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,941 ✭✭✭bmc58

RIP,
    Why do the good ones always go so young ?

Whatever our feelings(Irish) regarding the British Royal Family this is not a respectful post.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,582 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

And Tubridy trying to squeeze between them to pay for the gargle!

Don't blame him looking for a pint after probably listening to Tubirdy bladdering in his ear for what seemed like a lifetime.

Advertisement