Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prince Philip Dies - mod warning in OP. Read it or get yourself threadbanned

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭Tyrone212

razorblunt wrote: »
    This is stated a lot but it's not a true reflection of the tourist effect. The tourist industry would survive with or without the Royal Family being in situ. Balmoral, Buckingham Palace, Windsor will all remain / become attractions.

Look at Edinburgh Castle, makes millions.

The most visited country in the world beheaded their monarchy. Its a load of balls. If anything , it would attract more tourists if they could go inside those properties instead of standing outside a gate all day like a geek.

"Prince Philip will not lie in state and there will be no state funeral after his death
    [...]
    His ceremonial royal funeral will be televised and broadcast to the country with crowds anywhere to be discouraged.
    [...]
    It is thought a small, socially-distanced service will take place at St George's Chapel at Windsor Castle in Berkshire."

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6906469/How-Prince-Philip-royal-ceremonial-funeral-Windsor.html

cheers, I was wondering how they would handle it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,032 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

Tyrone212 wrote: »
    Itv, bbc etc interrupted their broadcast to play the national anthem when news broke he had died.

Two minutes of music isn't really the same as a country run by 3 generations of dictators, though, is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Poor Megan hope she is ok

Two minutes of music isn't really the same as a country run by 3 generations of dictators, though, is it?

You're right. Must be 30 generations in Britain.

• Advertisement

Itv, bbc etc interrupted their broadcast to play the national anthem when news broke he had died.

And bars and clubs played the Irish national anthem straight after Maniac 2000!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭kildare lad

The queen must be very upset at the death of her cousin/husband

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Her cusband.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 Monkey arris

You borrowed that from Waterford Whispers :)

Borrowed off a mate, who might have :)

Heard inbreeding can have dangerous consequences for their children. Like not being able to sweat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭buttercups88

Jake1 wrote: »
    cheers, I was wondering how they would handle it.

In fairness he had said he didn't want a full state funeral because he "didn't want a big fuss" so I don't think we would have had anything like what was for the Queen mother or princess Diana if covid wasnt an issue

• Registered Users Posts: 3,450 ✭✭✭boardise

tdf7187 wrote: »
    I am saddened. Only because our own West Brit Cruserite fraternity will be out in force on the airwaves over the next few weeks. Weeks? Scratch that, months. Years, probably.

I do so hope you'll survive the trauma.

As for somebody still hawking around the term 'West Brit' --God help us ...there's little hope.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,450 ✭✭✭boardise

Boomer is internet slang for an older person who is out of touch with modern society.

Yet another piece of latterday terminological crap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭begbysback

Heard inbreeding can have dangerous consequences for their children. Like not being able to sweat.

This could actually be useful in certain situations, ie. taking a lie detector test, not having to replace clothes after sports, no body odour.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

John Bruton will have the black suit on and doing interviews with everyone from Duffy to Seamus the Dog about how he once was in the same building as Phil,

• Registered Users Posts: 40,459 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

boardise wrote: »
    Yet another piece of latterday terminological crap.

if you by latter day you mean from the 1960s then yes.

Stating you don't sweat while sweating profusely could also be a symptom , wonder where will they put Andrew for the next few days, too grief stricken to attend?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Jaysus, if it was last Friday he could have reappeared on Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Lucy8080

JJayoo wrote: »
    Poor Megan hope she is ok

She'll be fine. She will be attending the real funeral 3 days before the official one.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,758 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I wonder will Harry and Megan travel home?

I'd say so, they were on good terms with him and Queen Lizzy

RIP

• Advertisement

They'll borrow Ant and Dec's big Zoom screen so Micky and Leo can be seen at the back of the chapel

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Lucy8080 wrote: »
    She'll be fine. She will be attending the real funeral 3 days before the official one.

Thanks. I nearly choked on a malteaser when I read this.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭knucklehead6

Neyite wrote: »
    Thanks. I nearly choked on a malteaser when I read this.

Yeah, i did one of those bark laughs which got me all sorts of suspicious looks here at home!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,419 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

This is stated a lot but it's not a true reflection of the tourist effect. The tourist industry would survive with or without the Royal Family being in situ. Balmoral, Buckingham Palace, Windsor will all remain / become attractions.

Look at Edinburgh Castle, makes millions.

Versailles still rakes it in.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 79 ✭✭JohnMcm1

Some of the responses here are incredibly insensitive. Regardless of your feelings toward him a family is currently grieving the loss of their loved one and we should all respect that. What if one of them were to come across some of the malicious comments here?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭knucklehead6

JohnMcm1 wrote: »
    Some of the responses here are incredibly insensitive. Regardless of your feelings toward him a family is currently grieving the loss of their loved one and we should all respect that. What if one of them were to come across some of the malicious comments here?

Cue Helen Lovejoy "Won't someone think of the Royals"

This one is from an ENGLISH site.
    https://twitter.com/newsthump/status/1380486364135895044?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

• Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭Lennox Gilbey

What time is the removal on at?

6pm tomorrow, St. Michael's, Inchicore.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 79 ✭✭JohnMcm1

Cue Helen Lovejoy "Won't someone think of the Royals"

This one is from an ENGLISH site.

I assume this is satirical? Similar to the onion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

I met him once at a function, he was surprisingly down to earth and very funny.
    Was that at a "private members" function?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Nobody knows that.

Advertisement