Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shady practices out of Vodafone

Options
  • 09-04-2021 4:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭

I was with Vodafone sim only on the complete plan. 20gb a month for about €25 for first 6 months and then €35 after that.

I got a cold call start of March from a Vodafone sales agent offering me a new plan with everything unlimited, including international calls for the same price. I asked some questions looking for the catch and the only one I could see was entering a new 12 month contract.

I said I'd proceed and when she was motoring through the T's & C's she mentioned a 10mbps download speed. I stopped her and asked about this as I had a 5g device. She said it would only be limited to that speed on a hot spot or when tethering.

So I went ahead with it and the other day I was getting 5 bars signal on 5G. I did a speed test and was only getting 12mbps.

So anyway, turns out there is a 10mbps speed restriction on all data on the plan and I can't go back to my old one as it's discontinued.

Vodafone are saying it's unlimited data but it's so dishonest as they are limiting the amount of data you can consume by restricting your download speed. This is far worse than having a reasonable data limit.

I'm just off a lengthy call and they are going to listen to the call in March and release me from the contract if what I'm saying is true. I'm considering logging a complaint with Comreg and will definitely be moving away from VF after this.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭John_Mc

Hi

Change your service from vodafone, I have never dealt with such inept, untrained individuals in my life.

They have cancelled my broadband service three times before I even got it installed.

The support team although very welcoming and well mannered, they are completely untrained in how to manage customers.

They are very good at putting you on hold.

Be prepared to loose hours of your life trying to deal with them.

STAY CLEAR OF VODAFONE

I recently switched to fixed line Broadband with them and it went smoothly but I think that was down to the Siro install team rather than VF.

I'll definitely be moving away from Vodafone mobile. I won't support a business that's as dishonest and deceitful as that!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,867 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

VF are overpriced, with restrictive contracts and offer nothing better than any of the others at this point. Their perception of having the best physical network is a thing of the past.

They'd be the last of the operators I'd go to now and I say that having been a customer twice and had similar customer service issues - one of which did involve me getting Comreg involved before it was sorted out.

Go for one of the 30-day SIM only deals. Unlimited everything and if not happy for some reason (eg: signal strength) you can switch operator the next month. Sure you won't get a new phone but you're better off buying these outright anyway in most cases.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,920 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

Vodafone don’t offer 30 day contracts anymore. Two sim only contracts, both with a minimum term of 12 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,867 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Vodafone don’t offer 30 day contracts anymore. Two sim only contracts, both with a minimum term of 12 months.

Which is another reason to stay away from them.

What do you get for your 12 month contract? No phone, same (or worse) package than the other networks who do offer 30-days, and the network itself is no better (especially indoors in my experience) than the others.

They're surviving purely because business/corporates won't switch in most cases.

Advertisement