Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

[Match Thread]Exeter Chiefs V Leinster - Sat April 10th - K.O. 5.30pm - BT Sport 2

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,413 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Clegg wrote: »
    Baxter is very complementary towards Leinster. Says his players made mistakes they almost never make due to the pressure Leinster put them under.

Baxter and Exeter in general are likeable I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,416 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Sangre wrote: »
    The biggest downside of this match is that I'm being denied my right to order a round of jaegerbombs followed by obnoxious jumping around.

The biggest downside of this match is that my BT stream cut out after the game finished, so I didn't get to watch them suck the big one that no English teams are left in the competition and their adoptive golden boys just got a kicking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,574 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

salmocab wrote: »

Bar the conspiracy theory peddling mind

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Richie_Rich89

Must be sickening for Dalaglio to be graceful about that. Exterior didn’t fire a shot after 10 mins.

No surprises that they're out after that.

Did anyone see the collision that resulted in Sexton going off? I honestly couldn't figure it out, he didn't seem to get any kind of a knock.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

salmocab wrote: »

Exeter fans are top class but their players are a bit hard to like with the COVID stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,225 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Leinster's bench solidified the win. Baird was outstanding in his 30 minutes appearance as was Ross Byrne. Thought Ed Byrne performed well too.

Leinster's bench certainly looked stronger than Exeter's. Leinster dominated the scrum once both sets of replacement props came on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,574 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Did anyone see the collision that resulted in Sexton going off? I honestly couldn't figure it out, he didn't seem to get any kind of a knock.

Thought his leg got taken out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,175 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

When Baxter was being interviewed early in the game it was mentioned that being 14-0 up within ten minutes was the reverse of their previous game against Lyon which they went on to win 47-25. Then he laughed and said he hoped they didn't pull a Lyon so that they ended up losing after being up 14 nil.

Can someone please edit the clip to add the Its Always Sunny in Philadelphia music and title card.

"The Exeter gang lose the match"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

Thought his leg got taken out

At one point though the claim was made he was off for a HIA I thought.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,750 ✭✭✭degsie

I think he broke a Cadbury's easter egg he had stashed in his pocket :)

Hogg and Sam Simmonds were kept very quiet. A few defensive mishaps aside, Leinster seemed to smother Exeter and gave their game breakers no platform to influence the play.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭thegreycity

Ross Byrne is the most under appreciated player in Ireland.

It's a toss up between himself and Luke McGrath.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

This pretty much guarantees that Wayne Barnes refs the final. Even if Leinster dont make it, no Irish ref is getting it. Cant see Whitehouse or Adamson getting it.

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭hahashake

Heir apparent to Sexton even if he isn't popular.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 108 ✭✭Garda Kenny

Exeter coasted and let the game pass them by. They drifted through that match. Nobody took initiative on their side. They lost the game rather than Leinster winning it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

kmart6 wrote: »
    Well there won't be for the rest of the tournament.

Carful what you wish for ... primed for Adamson!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,750 ✭✭✭degsie

Exeter coasted and let the game pass them by. They drifted through that match. Nobody took initiative on their side. They lost the game rather than Leinster winning it.

OK, if you say to. Thought Leinster played ok meself.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

I’ll enjoy that more tomorrow, will watch it back. I was very worried especially at the start. Brilliant result.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

razorblunt wrote: »
    Carful what you wish for ... primed for Adamson!
    Huh? Was responding to a comment about French refs, which we won't see again with the teams left.

Honestly, you could not be more wrong. The defence in the last 70 minutes from Leinster was phenomenal. Hogg was consistently destroyed any time he tried to get going.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

kmart6 wrote: »
    Huh? Was responding to a comment about French refs, which we won't see again with the teams left.

Look, I sincerely dislike Adamson and I’ll take any chance I can to point that out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,253 ✭✭✭Former Former Former

Ah here. Have you no class?

degsie wrote: »
    OK, if you say to. Thought Leinster played ok meself.

They did and they took their chances. But Exeter didn’t take initiative to get themselves out of their own half for most of the game. I’d say we won the territory battle and they accepted the picture presented to them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,375 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

Leinster's defence killed them. Made two passes into touch and another to ROL's feet just as examples of what that defensive pressure did to them.

When a post gets quoted that much it just feeds more nonsense

Honestly, you could not be more wrong. The defence in the last 70 minutes from Leinster was phenomenal. Hogg was consistently destroyed any time he tried to get going.

I take your point here. We won the defensive battle and contained them. They couldn’t break out of the areas we contained them to.

When a post gets quoted that much it just feeds more nonsense

Apologies. I’m imbibed and passionate about our victory. I’m 4 sheets to the wind!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

You'd really worry about Sexton in the future. The man has been getting smashed all his career. He's constantly getting smashed in the head.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,497 ✭✭✭BoardsMember

Disgraceful refereeing on the 2 yellow card calls for high hits. Just can't get my head around them. Seem to be so ill-informed, the video ref needed to make his point more clearly because ref seemed to misunderstand him. Not good enough really. Seemed to be focused on making a decisive and quick decision, rather than listening and making the right call.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭irelandrover

Disgraceful refereeing on the 2 yellow card calls for high hits. Just can't get my head around them. Seem to be so ill-informed, the video ref needed to make his point more clearly because ref seemed to misunderstand him. Not good enough really. Seemed to be focused on making a decisive and quick decision, rather than listening and making the right call.

I think when the first isn't given as a card then the second won't be. They were the same tackle more or less.

The calls were consistent with the protocols. Initial impacts weren't to the head, so the degree of danger was much reduced. And then there's mitigation for Ross Byrne dipping severely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,823 ✭✭✭✭First Up

prawnsambo wrote:
    The calls were consistent with the protocols. Initial impacts weren't to the head, so the degree of danger was much reduced. And then there's mitigation for Ross Byrne dipping severely.

Hard to reconcile that with Aki's red card against England.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭FrannoFan

This pretty much guarantees that Wayne Barnes refs the final. Even if Leinster dont make it, no Irish ref is getting it. Cant see Whitehouse or Adamson getting it.

Best ref around right now. Happy to have him.

• Advertisement

First Up wrote: »

Aki's was a shoulder to the head. They just aren't comparable.

Apologies. I’m imbibed and passionate about our victory. I’m 4 sheets to the wind!

I respect this response so much 😆

Aki made contact with the head initially. I mean he actually KOd Billy V.

Aki's was a shoulder to the head. They just aren't comparable.

Looked pretty similar to me.

Today was an arm to the head while wrapping. Aki was a shoulder direct to the head.

I thought both were yellow today. But once the first wasn't given them the second wasnt going to be either

• Advertisement

Only in that they were tackles.

Then regardless, you are the winner.

Have a great night!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,702 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

Fair play Leinster. Congrats.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭KaneToad

prawnsambo wrote: »

And involved two players...

prawnsambo wrote:

Both decisions could have gone either way but that's how it is.

They did and they took their chances. But Exeter didn’t take initiative to get themselves out of their own half for most of the game. I’d say we won the territory battle and they accepted the picture presented to them.

I can see you've been to the metaphor shop but seriously bypass the cliche bin next time unless you can get your work ons up to speed in the downtime.

Both decisions could have gone either way but that's how it is.
    To be fair, the protocols are pretty easy to follow and are clear. Starts at red and works down depending on degree of danger and mitigation. You can pretty well work it out yourself when you see the replays. I had no cause to argue with the decision. Was a yellow at worst and that would have been marginally unfair.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,501 ✭✭✭swiwi_

A very good win for Leinster. Thought Exeter tactics were poor in the first half. With VDF in particular winning penalties for fun they should have played more territory.

That was the best game I’ve seen ross Byrne play. Apart from an early defensive howler, Keenan was once again very good. Think motm should have gone to VDF myself.

There were several possible MOTMs. Keenan, Kelleher and VDF the standouts for me. Cant argue with Robbie getting plaudits. Marshalled midfield like a pro in the absence of Ringrose.

prawnsambo wrote:
    To be fair, the protocols are pretty easy to follow and are clear. Starts at red and works down depending on degree of danger and mitigation. You can pretty well work it out yourself when you see the replays. I had no cause to argie with the decision. Was a yellow at worst and that would have been marginally unfair.

Yes but there still seems to be inconsistency in the interpretations.

Were they so different as to justify a red for Aki and no card for Northampton?

• Advertisement
Advertisement