If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upgrading my TV. Would like some advice

Options
  • 10-04-2021 3:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭

I currently have a LGwebOS LF630V. it's a 40 inch.

It's a good age now and is slow and picture isn't great. I'm looking to upgrade as we're getting alcove units built.

I would like bigger but not over 50 as it's a small room and the unit won't take any bigger anyways.

It will be used for sky, Netflix and music on YouTube etc.
    Would like easy to use apps and good picture, somewhat future proof.

One aspect of our current tv is poor sound. Low voices but action sounds too loud... Hard to balance.

No budget as such but under 8/900 would be good

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,276 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

batman1 wrote: »

It's a good age now and is slow and picture isn't great. I'm looking to upgrade as we're getting alcove units built.

I would like bigger but not over 50 as it's a small room and the unit won't take any bigger anyways.

One aspect of our current tv is poor sound. Low voices but action sounds too loud... Hard to balance.

Hey Batman1.

Thanks for the post.

You could check out the Samsung 50Q60T coming in at 699 Euro
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-204598-samsung-qe50q60t-50-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-qled-tv-with-apple-tv-app-freesat-hd.aspx

The Sony 49XH8505 would be an excellent purchase. Android based operating system so packed with apps plus it has a fantastic picture.
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-204634-sony-kd49xh8505bu-49-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-led-android-tv-youview.aspx

Let me know if either of these might be of interest to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭batman1

Hey Batman1.

Thanks for the post.

https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-204598-samsung-qe50q60t-50-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-qled-tv-with-apple-tv-app-freesat-hd.aspx

The Sony 49XH8505 would be an excellent purchase. Android based operating system so packed with apps plus it has a fantastic picture.
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-204634-sony-kd49xh8505bu-49-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-led-android-tv-youview.aspx

Ok. Thanks.

I'm guessing sound is reasonable on both? I'm leaning towards the Sony.

Reading other topics, what this burn issue I see people commenting on ?

Hey Batman1.

Thanks for the post.

Ok. Thanks.

Hi Batman1.

Sound is grand on both of them with the Sony coming out in front.

You shouldn't have read anything about screen burn on an LED or QLED.
    Screen bun/Image retention is really only something that can happen to OLED. It's basically if you watch the same TV station or play the same game over and over again you could burn health bar, speed dials or the TV Channel logo onto the panel if the channel is not switched regular.
    (This is not so much an issue with the new OLED screens but can still happen. Screen burn is not covered by our 6 year guarantee or by LG's manufacturing warranty).

Let me know your thoughts.

Hey Batman1.

Thanks for the post.

Ok. Thanks.

Hi Batman1.

Screen bun/Image retention is really only something that can happen to OLED. It's basically if you watch the same TV station or play the same game over and over again you could burn health bar, speed dials or the TV Channel logo onto the panel if the channel is not switched regular.
    (This is not so much an issue with the new OLED screens but can still happen. Screen burn is not covered by our 6 year guarantee or by LG's manufacturing warranty).

Ok, so the sony one above doesn't or won't have that issue?

What's the easiest, best way to order ?

Hey Batman1.

Thanks for the post.

Ok. Thanks.

Hi Batman1.

Ok, so the sony one above doesn't or won't have that issue?

What's the easiest, best way to order ?
    Hey Batman1.

Yeah the Sony would not have any issues with screen burn.

Easiest way to order would be directly via our website and we can get one dispatched out to you.

Any issues please let me know.

• Advertisement

It turns out the Sony is slightly too big, or just borderline width wise, to fit in the alcove unit it's going into.

So I'm now looking at the next size down. Is that 46 inch?

Apologies, but can you advise on one in that next size, same criteria as above ?

It turns out the Sony is slightly too big, or just borderline width wise, to fit in the alcove unit it's going into.

Apologies, but can you advise on one in that next size, same criteria as above ?
    Hey Batman1.

Next size down would be a 43" unfortunately. 

It would be the 43XH8505 priced at 779 Euro
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-204633-sony-kd43xh8505bu-43-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-led-android-tv-youview.aspx

Hey Batman1.

https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-204633-sony-kd43xh8505bu-43-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-led-android-tv-youview.aspx

So taking your excellent advice , would I need to enhance this with a soundbar . Can you recommend a decent one that won't break the bank ? One that can utilise one remote instead of 3 going round the place. I was considering ba sonas beam because we were going to buy a speaker anyway for the living room for music etc

• Company Representative Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

Hey Batman1.

So taking your excellent advice , would I need to enhance this with a soundbar . Can you recommend a decent one that won't break the bank ? One that can utilise one remote instead of 3 going round the place. I was considering ba sonas beam because we were going to buy a speaker anyway for the living room for music etc
    Thanks for getting back to us batman1!

The sound on flat screens has definitely got a lot better but replacing it with a soundbar is the best way forward as you'll get much clearer dialogue and better bass than you would from the TV.

The Beam sounds amazing and you also have the advantage of being able to add a Sonos Sub and Sonos Rears down the line as well to build a full wireless 5.1 system!

Let me know what you think!

Kind regards

David

Hey Batman1.

The sound on flat screens has definitely got a lot better but replacing it with a soundbar is the best way forward as you'll get much clearer dialogue and better bass than you would from the TV.

The Beam sounds amazing and you also have the advantage of being able to add a Sonos Sub and Sonos Rears down the line as well to build a full wireless 5.1 system!

Kind regards

David
    Great. What's the price  in stg for the Sony 50 inch and the beam in black, delivered to the south ?

• Advertisement
  • Company Representative Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

Hey Batman1.

Kind regards

David
    Great. What's the price  in stg for the Sony 50 inch and the beam in black, delivered to the south ?
    Thanks for getting back to me!

The sterling price on the Sony KD49XH8505 is £699 and the Sonos Beam is £399!

https://www.richersounds.ie/p-204634-sony-kd49xh8505bu-49-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-led-android-tv-youview.aspx?swapstore=1

https://www.richersounds.ie/p-203473-sonos-beam-black-inc-6-year-warranty-compact-smart-soundbar-with-amazon-alexa-voice-control.aspx

I can include shipping in those prices for you as well.

Kind regards

David

• Registered Users Posts: 6 kevinbrad

Hey Batman1.

Thanks for the post.

Thank you. I already have Sony 49XH8505 and worth the money.

kevinbrad wrote: »

Hey Batman1.

Thanks for the post.

Thank you. I already have Sony 49XH8505 and worth the money.
    H Kevinbrad.

This forum is for Richersound.ie to answer questions for those who post.

Please read the Charter before posting.

Hey Batman1.

Kind regards

David

https://www.richersounds.ie/p-204634-sony-kd49xh8505bu-49-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-led-android-tv-youview.aspx?swapstore=1

https://www.richersounds.ie/p-203473-sonos-beam-black-inc-6-year-warranty-compact-smart-soundbar-with-amazon-alexa-voice-control.aspx

Kind regards

David
    Hi David,

Yes. Can you pm me on how to arrange this please 

Hey Batman1.

Kind regards

David

Kind regards

David
    Hi David,

Hi Batman1.

If you order via the website using the links above and I can refund back the shipping charge as soon as I see the order coming through.

Hey Batman1.

Kind regards

David

Kind regards

David
    Hi David,

Hi Batman1.

If you order via the website using the links above and I can refund back the shipping charge as soon as I see the order coming through.

Ok thanks , I'll get onto it this morning. Final question. Are there any specific cables required for connecting the Sonos beam or is it standard HDMI?

Hey Batman1.

Kind regards

David

Kind regards

David
    Hi David,

Hi Batman1.

Ok thanks , I'll get onto it this morning. Final question. Are there any specific cables required for connecting the Sonos beam or is it standard HDMI?
    Hey Batman1.

As long as the HDMI can do ARC then you should have no issues.
    The older HDMI cables will not do ARC so it would need to be a fairly new HDMI that you use.

We recommend the Audioquest Pearl for a 1 meter cable you would be looking at £20
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-200471-audioquest-pearl-hdmi-1m-hdmi-lead.aspx

TV is excellent but I now need a bracket. The one I had is flimsy for that size of TV. Can you recommend a bracket that tilts and swivels and is robust ?

TV is excellent but I now need a bracket. The one I had is flimsy for that size of TV. Can you recommend a bracket that tilts and swivels and is robust ?
    Hey Batman1.

Excellent that the TV and the Beam have arrived with you.

I've only noticed now that you had ordered online so I will get the delivery charge refunded as agreed :)

You could check out the Sanus VMF720 priced at 149 Euro
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-204141-sanus-vmf720-black-32-55-inch-cantilever-tv-bracket.aspx?swapstore=1

Or the Sanus BMF200 priced at 169 Euro
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-202747-sanus-bmf220-b1-cantilever-37-50-inch-cantilever-tv-bracket.aspx?swapstore=1

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.