Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When to look for accomodation

Options
  • 10-04-2021 6:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi all, my daughter is in leaving cert this year and has IT Sligo as 1st preference. I stayed in Galway so didn't need to look for accommodation so I don't know how it works.

There are places with prices online (campus I think) but I think maybe it's too early to start booking and paying deposits if she doesn't get her 1st choice? However, I'm thinking that waiting until the offers are out seems too close - won't the places be gone? That's not to mention the fact we don't know if it will still be online...

Can anyone tell me what you have done in this situation? I'm presuming that deposits are non-refundable if she doesn't get in.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,737 ✭✭✭ebbsy

From a parent whose son is in LIT :

All of his year has been online

Do not book anything until you establish will the course be online or not

• Registered Users Posts: 19 CoffeeAdict

A heads up about greystone house, one of the digs mentioned on the IT website…

The house itself is wooden, sound travels everywhere, so if someone downstairs or in the room next to you slams a door you can hear/feel it, there’s very little sound insulation.

The landlord leaves tenants to their own devices, generally there’s little law and order about the place once rent is paid. Friends of housemates would stay over during the week and nothing would be said about it. I had the pleasure of sharing with people that didn’t clean up after themselves so I just stopped using the kitchen altogether. The Landlord has communal areas cleaned once a week (friday/saturday) but this isn’t much good if your housemate eats a pizza on a Monday and leaves the remnants there.

Hope this helps :)

Advertisement