If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LG55CX or Bravia 65XH900

Options
  • 10-04-2021 7:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

just looking for a wee bit of advice really.

I'm in the market to upgrade my 5 year old Samsung 50" as its become a bit slow and has 3/4 dead pixels appearing now too, but not in any rush.

I'm currently eyeing up a LG55CX/LG65CX or a Bravia 65XH900 all depending on how much I'm allowed to spend!

Is there any difference between the 6LA and 5LB LG models? Just a little bit lost tbh.

Ideally I'd have 4 HDMI ports, one of which is 2.1.

Am based in the North if that is an issue...

Thanks

Aaron

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

Glico Man wrote: »
    Hi there,

I'm in the market to upgrade my 5 year old Samsung 50" as its become a bit slow and has 3/4 dead pixels appearing now too, but not in any rush.

I'm currently eyeing up a LG55CX/LG65CX or a Bravia 65XH900 all depending on how much I'm allowed to spend!

Is there any difference between the 6LA and 5LB LG models? Just a little bit lost tbh.

Thanks

Aaron
    Hi Glico Man,

Thanks for the post!

For picture quality I think you'd see the biggest difference in the OLED. It has the better panel for colour and contrast and they are head and shoulders above the LED panels.

The main differences in the models are the BX6 uses the Alpha 7 Gen 3 processor and the CX5 uses the Alpha 9 Gen 3. Basically what this means is the CX5 panel is faster with less noise in the darker scenes so it's a smoother image as well! I have an older B8 myself and it's an amazing TV but the CX5 is a step above!

Both of the OLEDs have 4 HDMI inputs with HDMI 2.1 for eARC and VRR!

Let me know what you think!

Kind regards

David

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Hi there,

Thanks

Aaron
    Hi Glico Man,

Thanks for the post!

For picture quality I think you'd see the biggest difference in the OLED. It has the better panel for colour and contrast and they are head and shoulders above the LED panels.

The main differences in the models are the BX6 uses the Alpha 7 Gen 3 processor and the CX5 uses the Alpha 9 Gen 3. Basically what this means is the CX5 panel is faster with less noise in the darker scenes so it's a smoother image as well! I have an older B8 myself and it's an amazing TV but the CX5 is a step above!

Kind regards

David
    Thanks for the quick reply. I appreciate your expertise in your advice. I certainly think the CX is the front runner for the upgrade, if I'm allowed to spend the money of course!

I've had a look at what is recommended for gaming also, and it appears that the CX is well received in that department as well. 

Would there be that much of a difference in price from the 55 and 65? I'd like to think I can squeeze a 65 in my current set-up, and if I can talk the missus into it.

Thanks

Aaron

• Company Representative Posts: 17,276 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi there,

Thanks

Aaron
    Hi Glico Man,

Thanks for the post!

Kind regards

David
    Thanks for the quick reply. I appreciate your expertise in your advice. I certainly think the CX is the front runner for the upgrade, if I'm allowed to spend the money of course!

I've had a look at what is recommended for gaming also, and it appears that the CX is well received in that department as well. 

Would there be that much of a difference in price from the 55 and 65? I'd like to think I can squeeze a 65 in my current set-up, and if I can talk the missus into it.

Thanks

Aaron
    Hey Aaron.

The CX series really is a fantastic television.

The 55Cx is priced at 1239 Euro
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-14028-lg-oled55cx5lb-55-inch-oled-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-tv-freeview-play-freesat-hd.aspx

The 65CX is priced at 1999 Euro
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-204678-lg-oled65cx5lb-65-inch-oled-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-tv-freeview-hd-freesat-hd.aspx

The 65" is a monster but would be some purchase :)

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.