Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What tools are handy for post print

• 11-04-2021 1:30am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭

I have a few bits already from before buying the 3d printer (Callipers, pc cleaning kit with lots of bits: paint brush (handy for the bed), plastic picks (no idea?), steel ruler, blade etc... long nose plyers & angled) but I need to get precision files for sanding tight spots (have used nail file & nail emery board successfully). Any recommendations for files?

I Have been thinking of printing that hammer for tapping on parts on the bed to get them loosened but anything heavier than the print would do.

More importantly what printer tool holders are useful for all of the above. The drawer that fits under the ender 3 will be a hindrance, imo, especially for levelling. The one at the side seems fairly small to fit everything. There are some tool holders on thingiverse that are not at all practical in use, for example there is one that places the scrapper at the side but it will get caught up on the Z axis if you're printing at that height.

Thinking of printing this one or its parent but there is not much point without knowing about extra tools that will get lots of use. Currently all tools sit at the side and most of them are spread all over the place, for instance as I type I'm looking at a plyers and callipers... so yeah be nice to get that stuff boxed off.

Please try to show or name any tools you have found to come in handy for prints if you like. It will be very helpful.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Poly

Calipers are a must have. Even the Lidl/Aldi ones are good for hobby use.

A Dremmel type tool is handy to have for post finishing.

Parts that require strength I finish with a two pack epoxy for strength

Advertisement