Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

National Hurling League 2021 discussion

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭formerlyET

Wexford has asked the ccc to postpone their game after another positive case.

At least they can play next week.

It's off. Hard to know what to make of it all. The two Clare players listed as close contacts was a weird one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,122 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

formerlyET wrote: »
    It's off. Hard to know what to make of it all. The two Clare players listed as close contacts was a weird one.

Would they be contacts of Davy in some way or in college with a Wexford player

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,535 ✭✭✭dobman88

formerlyET wrote: »

I'd imagine they were the ones tasked with marking the players who have tested positive perhaps and are therefore deemed close contacts

A close contact is someone who you spend more than 15 minutes within 2 metres of. So if they were marking them for most of the game, its feasible they would be close contacts.

dobman88 wrote: »
    I'd imagine they were the ones tasked with marking the players who have tested positive perhaps and are therefore deemed close contacts

A close contact is someone who you spend more than 15 minutes within 2 metres of. So if they were marking them for most of the game, its feasible they would be close contacts.

Yeah, that's fair. But I thought it was different outside. But then again, it's skin to skin contact. I did hear, but can't verify it though, that one of those Clare players was tested and it was negative. And the other guys is awaiting his results.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭Grats

dobman88 wrote: »

Presume the two Clare players were tested and if they are negative why are they ruled out? Surely the whole Wexford panel would have been close contacts too especially since they're supposed to have overnighted in hotel on way to Ennis.

Anyway, hope all are well and Wexford will have a full panel to chose from if the match goes ahead next week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,268 ✭✭✭big_drive

Grats wrote: »
    Presume the two Clare players were tested and if they are negative why are they ruled out? Surely the whole Wexford panel would have been close contacts too especially since they're supposed to have overnighted in hotel on way to Ennis.

Anyway, hope all are well and Wexford will have a full panel to chose from if the match goes ahead next week.

You must still isolate after a negative result, symptoms could come in the next few days yet. I think it's only after14 days you can be sure

big_drive wrote: »
    You must still isolate after a negative result, symptoms could come in the next few days yet. I think it's only after14 days you can be sure

And what about the Wexford players so, surely they were in close contact too - on and off the pitch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,268 ✭✭✭big_drive

And what about the Wexford players so, surely they were in close contact too - on and off the pitch.

You'd think so. But then in school certain people aren't deemed close contacts despite being in same room so it's hard to follow really

big_drive wrote: »
    You'd think so. But then in school certain people aren't deemed close contacts despite being in same room so it's hard to follow really

I'm sure County Boards follow correct protocol. Unfortunately there will most likely be more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,141 ✭✭✭Billy Ocean

The whole panel were tested Tuesday and no additional positive tests at that point apart from the 2 that came to light earlier that day which they were aware of, a full round of tests took place yesterday which showed the additional case reported today, there due another round of tests Wednesday and hopefully they show up as all clear.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭caddy16

Oh it's very strange alright that 2 Clare players were deemed close contacts and no one from the Wexford panel was. It sets a very dangerous precedent and let's hope other counties don't go the same route.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭dirtyden

Fred Daly wrote: »
    He went down soft the two players were to blame Barret is expert at it , one of the umpires said to the ref he saw nothing.

One umpire did not see it but the other who saw it told the ref to send Mannion off. So the only official who saw the incident said it was a red card but you somehow no better?

dirtyden wrote: »
    One umpire did not see it but the other who saw it told the ref to send Mannion off. So the only official who saw the incident said it was a red card but you somehow no better?

look at the incident from the camera down the field two of them at it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭BENDYBINN

Kiely s rant worked.......limerick gettin away with murder

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭LeakyLime

Red for Limerick - Flanagan off.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Can anyone see what happened looked like nothing from Flanagan but camera wasn't great

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,269 ✭✭✭threeball

Shouldn't that last Limerick point been deducted because Flanagans strike happened before it was scored.

Hococop wrote: »
    Can anyone see what happened looked like nothing from Flanagan but camera wasn't great

swiped the hurl back at the waterford defender

threeball wrote: »
    swiped the hurl back at the waterford defender

Hopefully they zoom in at the half and a better view,

threeball wrote: »
    Shouldn't that last Limerick point been deducted because Flanagans strike happened before it was scored.

Yes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

Hopefully they zoom in at the half and a better view,

TG4 showed it perfectly, usual stuff from Limerick.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

Waterford seem to be running into the tackle a bit too much imo.

Stephen Bennett took some hit to the chest.

RMAOK wrote: »
    Waterford seem to be running into the tackle a bit too much imo.

Thats the waterford style. Its real blood and guts stuff but a team like Limerick lap that up. They need to change it up for sure.

JeffKenna wrote: »
    TG4 showed it perfectly, usual stuff from Limerick.

Might be my tv then just not the best to see

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,113 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Struck him with the fist I think. Wonder did kiely see that one.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Struck him with the fist I think. Wonder did kiely see that one.

Two Limerick players done for striking in a week but they don't have a problem

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭Eoinbmw

Another Sunday on Boards lol!

I am making no judgement till I see a close up cause I can't tell what happened.

Did an umpire call it straight away or after he saw the man down ?

• Advertisement

It's blurry for me but it's a swing back of the Hurley but a light tap, stupid from Flanagan

It's blurry for me but it's a swing back of the Hurley but a light tap, stupid from Flanagan

A light tap and a meal made of it but still a red. But as I said earlier I can barely see so hopefully we get something better later

The umpires were closer to it than any of us watching it. They had no doubts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,930 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Jesus Cork 7-26- Westmeath 0-15 the latest

Not getting any easier for WM either with Tipp and Limerick been there last 2 games

breezy1985 wrote: »
    A light tap and a meal made of it but still a red. But as I said earlier I can barely see so hopefully we get something better later

Yeah it's a light tap but so stupid from Flanagan doing it, had to walk up to the tv to get a good view but still blurry, thought there would be a zoomed in shot of it

Flanagan should have gone down earlier out on the half forward line when he was struck clean across his own chest but no he stood up and played on...

• Advertisement

Yeah it's a light tap but so stupid from Flanagan doing it, had to walk up to the tv to get a good view but still blurry, thought there would be a zoomed in shot of it

This striking from Limerick players needs to be stamped out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭The White Feather

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Jesus Cork 7-26- Westmeath 0-15 the latest

Not getting any easier for WM either with Tipp and Limerick been there last 2 games

Westmeath's Glinnon and O'Brien went off early injured. They looked like their best players early on in the game. One looked like a hamstring and the other a hand/forearm injury. Hopefully they will recover.

Limerick player tried to drag the Waterford player out over the line rather than let the player pass - great point by the waterford player. But that should be a card - regardless of whether he succeeded in pulling him down or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Adelman of Beamfleot

This striking from Limerick players needs to be stamped out.
    And the feigning injury to get your opponent sent off needs to stop too

And the feigning injury to get your opponent sent off needs to stop too

The only feigning of injury was Nickie Quaid going down to break momentum right after Waterford got a goal and a point.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭grimbergen

That Limerick team still beating that Waterford team by 10 points if they meet again the championship. No doubt about it

Kyle Hayes with the hurl after the ball again.

Can that Waterford knee to Hayes be looked at after the game ?

Limerick are pure dirt.

Hell get a ban if there is any consistency!
    Hayes a complete ape there do!

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭grimbergen

Definitely should be.

Limerick are pure dirt.
    Love it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭Spudmonkey

The only feigning of injury was Nickie Quaid going down to break momentum right after Waterford got a goal and a point.

I know. Pure dirt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭slegs

Limerick are pure dirt.

Still not over is beating the ****e out of ye last year then..

It should be but then again Limerick lads got away lightly last week. Byrnes was unfortunate!!! Refs finally caught up with Flanagan. Shouldn't be playing this week but glad he did now.

• Advertisement
Advertisement