Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

National Hurling League 2021 discussion

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 194 ✭✭Anonymou

I dunno about that, what did Hayes do? They seemed to be straight in on him and 6 for Waterford kneed him fairly blatantly

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Sullovan

Have to fancy Limerick going into championship they will literally try and do whatever it takes to win games not ideal for the purest but it gets the results on the big days

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Local_Chap

grimbergen wrote: »
    Definitely should be.

It was Irlaith Daly I'm pretty sure

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

It seems I should be expecting another phone-call from my Limerick native uncle sometime tomorrow bemoaning the standard of refereeing in the game :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭Grats

Local_Chap wrote: »
    It was Irlaith Daly I'm pretty sure

Think so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,122 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

Eoinbmw wrote: »
    Hell get a ban if there is any consistency!
    Hayes a complete ape there do!

There were a fair few could get picked out of that fight but that was the big one initially was the knee

It seems I should be expecting another phone-call from my Limerick native uncle sometime tomorrow bemoaning the standard of refereeing in the game :D

Yeah, soft frees last week, cards this week. Wait until the refs are more consistent!

Grats wrote: »
    It should be but then again Limerick lads got away lightly last week. Byrnes was unfortunate!!! Refs finally caught up with Flanagan. Shouldn't be playing this week but glad he did now.

Love how you can turn a dirty Waterford player into a dig at Limerick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,141 ✭✭✭Billy Ocean

Long overdue red card for Kyle Hayes, did anything come of this after?

https://www.live95fm.ie/news/live95-news/limerick-hurler-charged-with-violent-disorder/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭Car99

Limerick are still easily the best team in the country.

breezy1985 wrote: »
    Love how you can turn a dirty Waterford player into a dig at Limerick

You're the one crying for consistency.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭Eoinbmw

https://www.live95fm.ie/news/live95-news/limerick-hurler-charged-with-violent-disorder/
    Ah here what has that got to do with a hurling match? Getting fair desperate to bring down Limerick!

Now now.

Ah here what has that got to do with a hurling match? Getting fair desperate to bring down Limerick!
    he broke the jaw of a Wexford player in the super 11 hurling in Boston in 2018 so not his 1st BBQ.

• Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭Denny61

Limerick has been found out yet again ..tip tappty hurling..only a one trick pony .its horrible to watch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭Glenomra

Now that's fair sad from a supposed hurling supporter. Have you anything better to be doing with your time than dredging through newspaper files for personal attacks.

Glenomra wrote: »
    Now that's fair sad from a supposed hurling supporter. Have you anything better to be doing with your time than dredging through newspaper files for personal attacks.
    Well he has also broke the jaw of another hurler in essentially an exhibition game....

Not much dredging just Google 3 words and you'll find it easily.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭slegs

Waterford lads instead of enjoying their win showing their usual class with nasty stuff on here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,268 ✭✭✭big_drive

Was Hayes second yellow or straight red?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭formerlyET

An improvement for Waterford. And a result.

I don't think Kiely will be too bothered. He wouldn't have taken off Gillane if he was worried about the result.

• Advertisement

big_drive wrote: »
    Was Hayes second yellow or straight red?

Camera was off him so didn't see

It was really silly at that stage of game, pointless

formerlyET wrote: »
    An improvement for Waterford. And a result.

I don't think Kiely will be too bothered. He wouldn't have taken off Gillane if he was worried about the result.

The lack of sharpness to Limericks game compared to the last few years is a worry

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Adelman of Beamfleot

Kiely mustn't regard the regular simulation that Quaid has been performing for a few seasons now as being of the embarrassing kind

Will odonoghue is another who'll pick up a red soon , acting the hard man too much & getting involved

According to the Examiner it was a straight red. Both he and Flanagan should have got their marching orders last week. Last weeks ref blew the soft frees, this week's ref showed the cards. Wait until they're consistent.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭Eoinbmw

The lack of sharpness to Limericks game compared to the last few years is a worry
    Absolutely! an awfull lot of poor handling and individual errors they look weeks away from fully match ready!
    Fitness not there either!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,930 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Offaly slowing getting back up

There beating Joe McDonagh teams well, while they will piss through the Christy Ring come championship time

Absolutely! an awfull lot of poor handling and individual errors they look weeks away from fully match ready!
    Fitness not there either!

I noticed Waterford player out front for the incoming ball at bother ends of the pitch and ya the handling is poor

• Registered Users Posts: 34 AllSquare

Waterford have to be the dirtiest team in the country.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭LeakyLime

AllSquare wrote: »

Hilarious.

I'm from cork and I think that's daft if you're serious. If anything like ourselves in Cork I think Waterford need to get a bit more dirty if anything

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭BENDYBINN

Is that you JohnKiely?

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭Slieve Gullion

big_drive wrote: »
    I'm from cork and I think that's daft if you're serious. If anything like ourselves in Cork I think Waterford need to get a bit more dirty if anything

I think he might have been joking. Truth is though is that all senior intercounty teams are equally as dirty as each other. All these teams are the same. Limerick don't go down as easy as others though. KK have that strength also lsn't a shame to see the way teams will use deceit and try to cheat so readily. 3 weeks in a row where the girly maiden tactic of feigning injury has shown itself in its efforts to thwart Limerick and further add to and enhance the lie and falsehood that Limerick are a dirty team. This is the biggest worry in our game going forward. Players with no integrity. Limerick the baddies today, your county tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭puzl

Limerick need to be careful now and take their punishment and move on. The whining from Kiely last week is a bad approach to take, warranted or not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭LeakyLime

I think he might have been joking. Truth is though is that all senior intercounty teams are equally as dirty as each other. All these teams are the same. Limerick don't go down as easy as others though. KK have that strength also lsn't a shame to see the way teams will use deceit and try to cheat so readily. 3 weeks in a row where the girly maiden tactic of feigning injury has shown itself in its efforts to thwart Limerick and further add to and enhance the lie and falsehood that Limerick are a dirty team. This is the biggest worry in our game going forward. Players with no integrity. Limerick the baddies today, your county tomorrow.

Is this also a joke?

What was with Quaid's antics today after Waterford scored 1 - 1 in the second half? Cynicism at it's absolute finest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,145 ✭✭✭Rosita

Truth is though is that all senior intercounty teams are equally as dirty as each other. All these teams are the same. Limerick don't go down as easy as others though. KK have that strength also

It's funny how all teams are equally "dirty" - seems very unlikely given the different and various personalities involved in all these teams that this would be an absolute dead heat.

And yet two counties are morally superior to others when it comes to sucking it up and essentially protecting the opposition player from any punishment (when is essentially what this is about).

The second but is just as incredible as the first which is saying something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

Lord jaysus and here was me forgetting why I stoped posting here, a creché would have more cop on!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,470 ✭✭✭FintanMcluskey

Kiely

“We kept our heads, we kept our composure”

Eh ya had 2 men sent off John, hate to see what happens when ye do loose the head

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭I see sheep

puzl wrote: »
    Limerick need to be careful now and take their punishment and move on. The whining from Kiely last week is a bad approach to take, warranted or not.

If it continues this will be what they'rd remembered for, which will be a pity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,930 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

For a summer league the weather has been quite ****e so far

• Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭Robson99

What Galway players were feigning injury against limerick.

Lohan calling out Davy there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Rasputin11

Lohan calling out Davy there.

What did he say?

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭Mulbert

Just popped into say that no matter what Jamie Barron does, wether good or bad, it stylishly good or bad.

• Advertisement

Rasputin11 wrote: »
    What did he say?

He expressed his bewilderment as to why two of his players were deemed as close contacts of two wexford players. He said one was a sub who wasn't on very long on one of the players. It's setting a dangerous precedent. He was very mannered and calm about it. But, maybe I'm wrong, I felt there was a subtext to what he saying, how can an opposition side be let to name opposition players when it rules them out of a game.
    And Henry raised his concern in relation to club ties to come.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,269 ✭✭✭threeball

Kiely

“We kept our heads, we kept our composure”

Eh ya had 2 men sent off John, hate to see what happens when ye do loose the head

His comments are as stupid as his hat.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Hatch1989

He expressed his bewilderment as to why two of his players were deemed as close contacts of two wexford players. He said one was a sub who wasn't on very long on one of the players. It's setting a dangerous precedent. He was very mannered and calm about it. But, maybe I'm wrong, I felt there was a subtext to what he saying, how can an opposition side be let to name opposition players when it rules them out of a game.
    And Henry raised his concern in relation to club ties to come.

Lohan spot on.

Hatch1989 wrote: »
    Lohan spot on.

Why did Croke Park not clarify the matter during the week. Wexford reported the two close contacts, Wexford announced their match was going ahead, Wexford then announced a postponement????

Grats wrote: »
    Why did Croke Park not clarify the matter during the week. Wexford reported the two close contacts, Wexford announced their match was going ahead, Wexford then announced a postponement????
    Wexford were made aware of the 2 cases within the panel and following this the whole panel was tested Tuesday evening where no additional positive cases showed up, the whole panel were tested again Friday and this showed 1 additional case, after becoming aware of this Wexford requested postponement of the game today, the Clare element is a head scratcher.

• Advertisement
Advertisement