Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

National Hurling League 2021 discussion

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭LeakyLime

Swamp_Cat wrote: »
    Sure are now. But for a big strong team they sure go down often.
    Evan Niland(is a great young talent) & Callum Lyons is really a special talent.

Waterford's year. Maybe. Shane looks like he never stopped playing at IC. Not sure how much hurling or what level(if any) while in the states. Harvard was it?

I dont see how you could deduce it's Waterford's year from this game?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,285 ✭✭✭threeball

Sure are now. But for a big strong team they sure go down often.

I see Kielys waffle had the desired effect.

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭Coneygree

It'll be great if Canning can stay healthy for the year, there's nobody like him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭LeakyLime

Some subs there for Waterford. Austin gleeson off - thought he was beginning to come into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭booterboy

threeball wrote: »
    Ffs Canning, I'm going to miss you when you hang up the hurl.
    An absolute genius,loved watching him the last 12 or more years.
    As a KK man,can't see ourselves or Wexford stopping Galway from cruising to a Leinster Title.
    Could be a short Summer for both of us.

I'll stand corrected if it wasnt also him, but believe it was.

Hutchinson has a nice little move where he throws the ball on the ground after his second play and picks it back up.

He did it for the score around the 57min mark and someone did it blatantly in the first half.

Might be something they need to look out for. I know there was the one where the player would throw it ahead of him on the run but this was in a one v one situation in tight space instead of playing a pressure shot or pass he's just dropping it to his advantage and the regathering.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭formerlyET

Over 4.25 concided at this stage of the league - Cahill will be devastated by that. Serious work ahead.

At least, Galway managed to tighten the screws in the second half. Waterford look gullible at times back there.

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭Swamp_Cat

I see Kielys waffle had the desired effect.

Was he wrong?

Julie catch a rabbit by its hare...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Stacksofwacks

booterboy wrote: »
    As a KK man,can't see ourselves or Wexford stopping Galway from cruising to a Leinster Title.

Galway look a serious outfit, will be Limerick's closest challengers this year i feel

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭Happyilylost

Hutchinson has a nice little move where he throws the ball on the ground after his second play and picks it back up.

100% if it went back on the hurl it was three times so instead throw it to the ground. Also a foul.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭Happyilylost

Swamp_Cat wrote:
    Was he wrong?

Yes

booterboy wrote: »

This is the most stacked Gslway forward line I've seen. Canning, Concannon, Whelan, Niland and Conor Cooney looking like he's coming back to form.

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭Swamp_Cat

LeakyLime wrote: »
    I dont see how you could deduce it's Waterford's year from this game?

Fair enough. I wasn't basing it on just this game. probably should've said that I personally believe this team, this year, is going to have s good a chance & I wouldn't be surprised. who knows. Every year during the league I form opinions that are proven completely wrong come championship.

Julie catch a rabbit by its hare...

Was he wrong?

Yes, we've been 3 weeks waiting for examples on here with none offered. I'll await yours from this game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,227 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

Galway look a serious outfit, will be Limerick's closest challengers this year i feel

We'll see about that. I still wouldn't discount tipp. And this is coming from a Galway man.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,033 ✭✭✭slegs

breezy1985 wrote: »
    Ah I forget the money rant for the bingo card

Yes and Cork the wealthiest GAA county outside Dublin. More clubs, players and supporters than anywhere else and this guy thinks Cork are losing to other teams because of money.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,486 ✭✭✭MfMan

If they continue to defend like that they mightn't get to Limerick. Just not able to close down an attack when run at.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,112 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Galway vs Kilkenny league/Leinster final very possible this year

PTH2009 wrote: »

At least it gives some closure to the league if it happens. But how will Padraig Mannion hold his hurl and lift two cups at once :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,414 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

Hopefully we get one whoever it is

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭Rosita

If Tipperary beat Waterford (not commenting on the likelihood of that) then it's Tipperary and Kilkenny. It's out of Galway's hands.

Rosita wrote: »
    If Tipperary beat Waterford (not commenting on the likelihood of that) then it's Tipperary and Kilkenny. It's out of Galway's hands.

Yep very likely that could happen and back to the 'big 2 of hurling' type ****e talk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭dirkmeister

League Sunday started a half an hour ago and they’ve shown 1 game so far.

For a highlights show thats absolutey pathetic.

League Sunday started a half an hour ago and they’ve shown 1 game so far.

For a highlights show thats absolutey pathetic.

Instead they are discussing the exact issues people have been going on about here since the start of the league. Would you prefer they bury their heads to the big topics in hurling right now.

Instead they are discussing the exact issues people have been going on about here since the start of the league. Would you prefer they bury their heads to the big topics in hurling right now.

Not much point discussing issues if they don’t actually show the games first.

Not much point discussing issues if they don’t actually show the games first.

They have been going on for a fair while now doesn't make a difference really. But any chance at a cheap shot I suppose

Rarely have I seen anyone that could talk for so long and essentially say nothing as the bould Derek. Managed to agree with everyone interviewed because they were good hurling people even though the people interviewed didn't have the same viewpoint at all. The lad is stealing a living.

They have been going on for a fair while now doesn't make a difference really. But any chance at a cheap shot I suppose

Who is the cheap shot aimed at?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Rasputin11

Rarely have I seen anyone that could talk for so long and essentially say nothing as the bould Derek. Managed to agree with everyone interviewed because they were good hurling people even though the people interviewed didn't have the same viewpoint at all. The lad is stealing a living.

He's all about the learnings!! Could turn up on Against the Head yet

Rasputin11 wrote: »
    He's all about the learnings!! Could turn up on Against the Head yet

When he started talking about the fusion of savagery and tactics it was time to tune out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭tranquilo

Yep very likely that could happen and back to the 'big 2 of hurling' type ****e talk

I wouldn't be too worried about that anyway, especially since the big 2 would really be Kilkenny and Cork since they've the most Liam Mccarthys

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭formerlyET

According to Derek, every team is secretly happy. But, is Derek happy?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭Speakerboxx

Anyone notice Brian Cody was wearing the All Ireland Final 2015 banisteoir hoodie in his interview after the Laois game. You think they have a more modern Kilkenny hoodie from him in 2021?

tranquilo wrote: »
    I wouldn't be too worried about that anyway, especially since the big 2 would really be Kilkenny and Cork since they've the most Liam Mccarthys

-

Another class line ball from Canning today. The man is unbelievable. Galway look so good going forward. Very impressive and certainly up there as one of the favourites for the All Ireland.
    Limerick looked unreal, in the first half especially, but it's hard to know with the Cork team they put out. Cork actually won the second half when Horgan and them came on. The Munster semi final should be a cracker.
    I really hope Wexford sort themselves out for the championship, but i haven't much hope to be honest.
    Still between Limerick and Galway for me, but I certainly wouldn't write off Tipp. No-one is talking about them and i think that will suit them. Yet to be beaten so far and look very strong.
    Can't wait for the championship now!

Anyone notice Brian Cody was wearing the All Ireland Final 2015 banisteoir hoodie in his interview after the Laois game. You think they have a more modern Kilkenny hoodie from him in 2021?

Someone prob picked up the wrong one

Owl Brian loves his layers of clothes, he must be scared of the cold. He must wear half a wardrobe in the winter/spring

Maybe they meant the big 2 in league titles :D

Another class line ball from Canning today. The man is unbelievable. Galway look so good going forward. Very impressive and certainly up there as one of the favourites for the All Ireland.
    Limerick looked unreal, in the first half especially, but it's hard to know with the Cork team they put out. Cork actually won the second half when Horgan and them came on. The Munster semi final should be a cracker.
    I really hope Wexford sort themselves out for the championship, but i haven't much hope to be honest.
    Still between Limerick and Galway for me, but I certainly wouldn't write off Tipp. No-one is talking about them and i think that will suit them. Yet to be beaten so far and look very strong.

You could feel it getting close this weekend. Players are getting that bit sharper

Had forgotten about Cork as All Ireland winners to be honest. But yeah, that used to happen, though there can't be too many under 25s who'd recall it. But it's significant for you you should be worried because Kilkenny and Cork is a very strong possibility. Just needs different (and not improbable) results to happen.

• Advertisement

You should be worried because Kilkenny and Cork is a very strong possibility. Just needs different results to happen.

Oh yeah I know that. I was just referring to the fact that Cork are up there in the top 2.
    A win for both Cork and Waterford next weekend and Cork would be top of the group. It's great how open it is with still one round of games to go

Oh yeah I know that. I was just referring to the fact that Cork are up there in the top 2.

Doesn't mean much when you have to go back so far. Dublin have more All Ireland titles than Galway. Doesn't mean a lot now.

Doesn't mean much when you have to go back so far. Dublin have more All Ireland titles than Galway. Doesn't mean a lot now.

Cork are a fair bit behind the big 3 these days alright

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,618 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Does just one team in division 2a go up?

Cork were absolutely septic in the first half. They couldn't string two passes together which for Cork means curtains any day. They also have shown they have little outside their first 15. So whilst Limerick looked brilliant it really needs to be taken in context. If Cork come with a full 15 and a bit of fire they'll rattle them but a the lack of depth will probably see them come up short.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭Speakerboxx

Had forgotten about Cork as All Ireland winners to be honest. But yeah, that used to happen, though there can't be too many under 25s who'd recall it. But it's significant for you you should be worried because Kilkenny and Cork is a very strong possibility. Just needs different (and not improbable) results to happen.

2005 was the last time Cork won it. So it you are 25 now. You would have been 9 when they won last. I remember Cork winning the double in 1990 when i was 5 years old so yes it's very possible to remember that at 9 years of age.

• Advertisement

2005 was the last time Cork won it. So it you are 25 now. You would have been 9 when they won last. I remember Cork winning the double in 1990 when i was 5 years old so yes it's very possible to remember that at 9 years of age.

Never said it wasn't possible. Just said 'not many'. It helps if you read the post before replying. How many of Cork's starting team on Saturday would remember that? Not many I'd say.

Anyway what matter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 210 ✭✭davidx40

Definitely think the All Ireland is between Limerick , Galway and Waterford ...would have them good bit clear of others ....tip gave gone to the well to many times ....Kilkenny my own team have as weak a panel as I've seen in 25 years .....

davidx40 wrote: »
    Definitely think the All Ireland is between Limerick , Galway and Waterford ...would have them good bit clear of others ....tip gave gone to the well to many times ....Kilkenny my own team have as weak a panel as I've seen in 25 years .....

Kilkenny will still be in a Leinster final at a bare minimum. Have they really regressed so much from last year? Leinster champions, joint League champions after today?

siblers wrote: »
    Does just one team in division 2a go up?

Yep. It's looking like Offaly are going back up. Good to see them back in division 1. They've been beating teams by big scores so it's well deserved.
    Laois and Westmeath play each other in a relegation play-off

Ffs Canning, I'm going to miss you when you hang up the hurl.

He's some player

• Advertisement
Advertisement