Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

National Hurling League 2021 discussion

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭formerlyET

breezy1985 wrote: »
    All week we were hearing about how they never go for goals on here

One swallow doesn't make a summer. Not even a hot girl summer.

You'll be hoping now for a few more goals so you can respond. But it'll just be three goals in one game.

Wait until the westmeath game. Now for yea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,409 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

formerlyET wrote: »
    One swallow doesn't make a summer. Not even a hot girl summer.

Try looking at the post I replied to. He said Limerick tried to force a lot of goals last year so its many swallows kid

Try looking at the post I replied to. He said Limerick tried to force a lot of goals last year so its many swallows kid

Oh yeah, the nearly goals are great goals :) Kid.

Some great nearly goals in this game.

But, sure, that's league hurling.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭Eoinbmw

Your distain for Limerick hurling knows no bounds lol!

Eoinbmw wrote: »
    Your distain for Limerick hurling knows no bound lol!

I'm talking nearly goals. Having the craic. What's that got to do with Limerick? :) Galway are playing too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭PeggyShippen

Not a bad game. Ruined abit by frees. Niland is playing well. Really Galway should be further ahead. I like the speed out of defence from Galway and they are very accurate. Limerick full forward line is poor. O Neill not at the races at all..hes messed up a tonne of ball. Lucky to make it to half time. He's very young and its a great learning experience.
    Looks like the mini campaign against Limericks physical play is working. Hegarty was fouled by a hurley to the head infront of the linesman and ref and no free. The commentators said it ought to have been a yellow for the perpetrator..They ll be some Limerick team to win an All.Ireland this year

• Registered Users Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭Eoinbmw

I'm talking nearly goals. Having the craic. What's that got to do with Limerick?
    You can't hide it go on now and complain to the mods...

What do people think of McInerney at full back?

Still trying which you claim they don't do. Now the league doesn't matter which is a surprising comment from " an intercounty and club season ticket holder"

Galway are bit like a PS5, sleek, modern, and entertaining.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭big_drive

Very good I think

Not a bad game. Ruined abit by frees. Niland is playing well. Really Galway should be further ahead. I like the speed out of defence from Galway and they are very accurate. Limerick full forward line is poor. O Neill not at the races at all..hes messed up a tonne of ball. Lucky to make it to half time. He's very young and its a great learning experience.
    Looks like the mini campaign against Limericks physical play is working. Hegarty was fouled by a hurley to the head infront of the linesman and ref and no free. The commentators said it ought to have been a yellow for the perpetrator..They ll be some Limerick team to win an All.Ireland this year

Not looking at the scoreboard you would think it's all Limerick but they have been very poor up forward outside of Hegarty. Galway have been very economical with their chances in comparison and have gotten scores out of almost all their chances

big_drive wrote: »
    Very good I think

He has looked the part. Looks trim and very powerful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,541 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

It's very noticeable that Limerick create rucks, and there is always a third or fourth player in a couple of seconds late to land a hit after the whistle.

Between that and license to foul out the field, Kinnerk's PHD-level coaching has a sinister edge.

It's very noticeable that Limerick create rucks, and there is always a third or fourth player in a couple of seconds late to land a hit after the whistle.

Between that and license to foul out the field, Kinnerk's PHD-level coaching has a sinister edge.

Ah it's a pure football game plan. He played enough of it. No real thought behind taking an existing template and framing it onto something else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,227 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

He's ok, but he'd get skinned alive if a small, nippy lad was put in on him. Flanagan suits him, to a certain extent.

RMAOK wrote: »
    He's ok, but he'd get skinned alive if a small, nippy lad was put in on him. Flanagan suits him, to a certain extent.

I don't know. His positioning seems to be quite good. But maybe you're right. Have you seen a nippy lad on him before?

That's a point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭big_drive

Has gillane got heavy? Or maybe stronger , looks different

You would almost think it's Canning out there watching Nyland from dead balls

• Advertisement

Kiely giving the ref a bit of stick - perfect lip read - 'What's that about?' - you'd know he's a teacher.

big_drive wrote: »
    Has gillane got heavy? Or maybe stronger , looks different

Looks trim and strong to me. No excess there.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Sadler Peak

Pearse Stadium is a dull looking ground.

Pearse Stadium is a dull looking ground.

Ide love to have a main stand like that instead of the joke of a Mackey stand but other than that it's not great. Not much craic round there after the games too

Hegarty in with the hurl again. Caught for once.

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭Coneygree

Gearoid Hegarty booked? Has the sun fallen out of the sky, what is this?!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭I see sheep

Hegarty in with the hurl again. Caught for once.

It won't stop him bitching and moaning.

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭grbear

How many of the Galway frees shouldn't have been given? There was a fair amount of comments about the amount of frees Tipperary got last week and I'm already seeing griping about how many Galway are getting today. Some are harsh enough but I haven't seen any I could say were flat out wrong decisions by the referees.

grbear wrote: »
    How many of the Galway frees shouldn't have been given? There was a fair amount of comments about the amount of frees Tipperary got last week and I'm already seeing griping about how many Galway are getting today. Some are harsh enough but I haven't seen any I could say were flat out wrong decisions by the referees.

Limerick persistently foul and when you persistently foul, you persistently give away frees.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,999 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Limerick have gotten away with a fair number too. A lot of persistent tactical fouling.

Wouldn't have much complaint so far in that sense. Galway getting away with a few down the other end including a penalty earlier

Limerick looking better than they did against Tipp. Galway look sharp for this time of year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,999 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Referees in both codes need to extract their ... pens and notebooks from their pockets and get carding these cynical teams... remove their ability to gain advantage from their cynical carry on...its spoiling the enjoyment....

If Galway could stop fouling Flanagan and let him get his own scores that would be great. Flanagan is in my fantasy team...

Fantastic point

• Advertisement

Galway just putting every little chance over the bar

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,876 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

In the car with the match on.

John mullane is absolutely awful as a commentator. ruining this

Kyle Hayes absolutely buried the number 26 with the hurl after he played the ball. Very late.

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭grbear

Wouldn't have much complaint so far in that sense. Galway getting away with a few down the other end including a penalty earlier

That's a fair enough criticism.

Some people are just crabby because Forde and now Niland nailed most of the frees they got.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,954 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Galway just putting every little chance over the bar

Except that one

• Advertisement

That a boy, JOE

That's a fair enough criticism.

Some people are just crabby because Forde and now Niland nailed most of the frees they got.

Who is crabby. I haven't seen anyone complain about Galway getting frees. Not one person

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭Akesh

Limerick persistently foul and when you persistently foul, you persistently give away frees.

They are the worst in the country at it. Hegarty is the worst of the lot.

That a boy, JOE

Who does he think he is? Evan Niland? Outrageous.

Akesh wrote: »

Best in the country All Ireland champions and best of the lot hurler of the year you mean

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,160 ✭✭✭Billy Ocean

Kyle Hayes absolutely buried the number 26 with the hurl after he played the ball. Very late.
    He broke the jaw of Wexford player Damien Reck in the Super 11/ Fenway classic thing in Boston back in 2018.

It's a tough watch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,284 ✭✭✭threeball

His big baby face gets him away with murder. Be like booking a 10yr old.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭tastyt

Limerick being physically dominated today , getting some of their own medicine

JESUS! LIMERICK went for another goal... jaysus.

• Advertisement
Advertisement