Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

National Hurling League 2021 discussion

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,122 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

Akesh wrote: »
    Look on the previous page, not hard.

I can see no one there complaining about Galway getting soft frees

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭formerlyET

He broke the jaw of Wexford player Damien Reck in the Super 11/ Fenway classisc thing in Boston back in 2018.

There's a long list.

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭grbear

breezy1985 wrote: »
    Who is crabby

Eejits on Twitter.

grbear wrote: »
    Eejits on Twitter.

I'm not on Twitter and have no intentions of joining

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Fantastic point

That the one where Joe strided through a few Limerick lads basically trying the hack him to pieces and popping it out to Mannion to point?

Excellent score I agree.

Punch from Byrnes after the whistle.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭Eoinbmw

Byrnes you clown!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭The White Feather

Small scrap at the end there

formerlyET wrote: »
    Punch from Byrnes after the whistle.

Fair play to him. The Galway lad started it and deserved what he got

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,915 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

This weekend was some of the most unwatchable stop start ****e I've ever seen in 30 years of watching hurling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,268 ✭✭✭big_drive

Ya but it was silly because it was a strike, Galway lad only gave a bit of a nudge

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭slegs

Lot of bitter anti Limerick folk posting here. Galway just better on the day and deserved it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,141 ✭✭✭Billy Ocean

would you not class it as stupid then...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭Happyilylost

big_drive wrote:
    Ya but it was silly because it was a strike, Galway lad only gave a bit of a nudge

Jason Flynn. We won't cry about him. Gust of breeze would knock him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭Grats

Ref very kind to K Hayes, Hegarty and Flanagan. All three very lucky to be on the pitch at the final whistle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭I see sheep

Limerick are a dirty team, anyone who doesn't see it has their head in the clouds.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭Eoinbmw

slegs wrote: »
    Lot of bitter anti Limerick folk posting here. Galway just better on the day and deserved it
    Galway played well today no complaints!

Classy. Stay classy, Limerick. Might be a red post the game. There'll certainly be a look at that late swing of the hurl on the Galway 24 or 26 on the sideline by Kyle Hayes. Poor discipline.

big_drive wrote: »

Ah its always only a nudge when it's against the Limerick fella. He started a fight and he ended up on his arse

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,470 ✭✭✭FintanMcluskey

Limerick are a dirty team, anyone who doesn't see it has their head in the clouds.

The worst I’ve seen, pure thuggery

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,834 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Started what, a bit of pulling ? The rules say otherwise... it’s up the the referee to sanction foul play.. not the players themselves. That Limerick side completely thuggish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,269 ✭✭✭threeball

would you not class it as stupid then...

If a limerick took out an AK47 and shot everyone in sight Brezzy would find a way to justify it.

Classy. Stay classy, Limerick. Might be a red post the game. There'll certainly be a look at that late swing of the hurl on the Galway 24 or 26 on the sideline by Kyle Hayes. Poor discipline.

I always thought nothing would be better than seeing Limerick win the All Ireland but honestly listening to people talk about us like they used to do Kilkenny through their big bitter tears is best of all

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

Delighted with the win, from a Galway perspective, but from a hurling point of view, these constant frees and stop start nature of the game is making a shïte out of hurling imo.

Grats wrote: »
    Ref very kind to K Hayes, Hegarty and Flanagan. All three very lucky to be on the pitch at the final whistle.

Isn't that true in nearly every game.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,233 ✭✭✭ClanofLams

I always thought nothing would be better than seeing Limerick win the All Ireland but honestly listening to people talk about us like they used to do Kilkenny through their big bitter tears is best of all

Delusional stuff......Kilkenny dominated for a decade plus including four in a row. Limerick haven’t even gone back to back.

I love how Limerick keep comparing themselves to Kilkenny! hahah It's great. You're endless laughs.

threeball wrote: »
    If a limerick took out an AK47 and shot everyone in sight Brezzy would find a way to justify it.

All week they were on here about how hurling is soft now and it's like a training game and all this waffle. Until it comes to Limerick of then hard becomes the dirtiest team ever.

Anyone at all have anything bad to say about the Galway fella who started it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Its ironic a Limerick fan saying everyone is crying bitter tears when they were still moaning about 1996 for two decades.

No ones talking about Limerick like they are anything like KK. Don't kid yourself. Thats as delusional as your inability to see any fault in this team.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,930 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Galway very impressive

Its ironic a Limerick fan saying everyone is crying bitter tears when they were still moaning about 1996 for two decades.

Are we really. You don't hear much mention about 96 round Limerick it's 94 is the one we linger on not because we were robbed or anything just the way we let a lead slip

All week they were on here about how hurling is soft now and it's like a training game and all this waffle. Until it comes to Limerick of then hard becomes the dirtiest team ever.

People can post about Limerick or the game - you don't have to defend Limerick in every post. Get a grip.

People can post about Limerick or the game - you don't have to defend Limerick in every post. Get a grip.

I don't have to but people are allowed post about Limerick or the game as you say. Myself included

Face the facts. Hegarty should have walked for the dirty slap on canning in the semi, hegarty and flanagan should have walked in the final for two jabs to the balls on waterford players. The usual suspects were loose with the hurl last week and again today. Theres a difference between a tough fair hurler and a nasty spiteful one. Too many of the later in that limerick team.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭Girly Gal

RMAOK wrote: »
    Delighted with the win, from a Galway perspective, but from a hurling point of view, these constant frees and stop start nature of the game is making a shïte out of hurling imo.

Galway really needed that win, It won't bother Limerick in the slightest, but, I'd agree no real flow to the game, not great to watch, think they really need to look at making the sliothar heavier as lads are regularly scoring from well inside their own half and hardly a sign of a goal anymore.

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Galway very impressive

They’ll be there or there abouts come the end of Championship.

ClanofLams wrote: »
    Delusional stuff......Kilkenny dominated for a decade plus including four in a row. Limerick haven’t even gone back to back.
    that's it, we hear some talk Limerick should be going for 4 in a row, but if it wasn't for a fantastic nicky quaid flick they were goosed against Cork in 2018 semi final, in 2019 all we hear about was the wrong 65 call against kilkenny but they actually lost 3 championship games from 6 that year and over the 70 mins against Kilkenny they got the rub of the green in terms of referring decisions including a soft penalty, small margins can make a huge difference at the highest level, they were superb in 2020 and streets ahead of the rest.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭blackcard

Early days but Galway, Limerick, Tipp and Cork look to be a good bit ahead of the rest

• Advertisement

They’ll be there or there abouts come the end of Championship.

Very good in possession today. Seemed to barely have the ball for 2 seconds and it's over the bar

blackcard wrote: »
    Early days but Galway, Limerick, Tipp and Cork look to be a good bit ahead of the rest

Not sure about Limerick if they can't get the wides under control. Hopefully it's just a bit of nerves from the 2nd string forwards

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭I see sheep

blackcard wrote: »

Cork? No don't think so.

Cork? No don't think so.

The forwards are very good when they get going and they could put a good run together

Limerick, Galway, Tipp Top 3 and chasing pack after that, Cork have loads of ability but have underwhelmed the last couple of championships.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,834 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

The narrative is a little different if they choose to back their skill sets over using tactical fouling endemically over 70+ minutes...

• Advertisement

I wouldn't rule out Waterford yet. Poor league form but who cares?

I'd have Waterford ahead of Cork.

I wouldn't rule out Waterford yet. Poor league form but who cares?

I'd have Waterford ahead of Cork.
    I'd worry about Waterford, surprising All Ireland finalists and semi finalists can struggle the following campaigns. Clare in 2019 and Wexford 2020 went bad after getting so close to making the finals the previous seasons

Fair play to Antrim, they ran up a big score against KK. Be great if they could make the step up over the next 5 or 6yrs.

I'd worry about Waterford, surprising All Ireland finalists and semi finalists can struggle the following campaigns. Clare in 2019 and Wexford 2020 went bad after getting so close to making the finals the previous seasons

We shall see. But I'd be someone that doesn't place a lot of store on league form. There'll be a few more twists in Waterford's season, I'd bet. I'm not saying they'll win the All-Ireland but I can see them taking a serious scalp or two this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭Speakerboxx

Great result for Galway to beat Limerick. We will see now this year if Limerick are a great team by winning back to back All Irelands. They will have their hands full I think.

• Advertisement
Advertisement