Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unfair Ban

Options
  • 11-04-2021 7:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭

Got a 1 month ban for reporting a troll. Not fair.

Comments

• Administrators Posts: 53,829 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Have you discussed this with the mod in question? Can you please paste that PM conversation here?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

awec wrote: »
    Have you discussed this with the mod in question? Can you please paste that PM conversation here?

I have yes.

Any update here?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,655 ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

Any update here?
    awec wrote: »

Florence Wonderful Wrestler - a little patience please.

Additionally, awec already gave very clear instructions that have yet to be followed. Can you please paste the PM conversations you had with the mod with respect to your ban here, as previously requested by awec?

Sure, please see below:

Thanx 4 The Fish
    Why Do We Always Come Here?

Adverts | Friends
    Mod: Sports Sims, Interior Design & Decoration, Soccer Mods, Soccer, ZTest
    Re: Your ban
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MattS1
    Ok well I feel it's very unfair to ban me for one month when I reported trolling. You may not think this guy is trolling but see his previous posts. It's unfair I am banned.
    You did report trolling, this card is not for that. You should report what you believe to be trolling and then leave it not call out someone on thread and accuse them of trolling as you did, you know that this is in breach of the charter as you have been sanctioned for this before.

• Advertisement

Hi MattS1,

Can you please post the rest of the messages that you sent the mod in question?

Thanx 4 The Fish
    Why Do We Always Come Here?

Adverts | Friends
    Mod: Sports Sims, Interior Design & Decoration, Soccer Mods, Soccer, ZTest
    Re: Your ban
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MattS1
    Yes but I do not believe this should be sanctioned and certainly not for a month. Why can't we have some free speech instead of mods constantly playing censors?
    I think that we have gotten to the end of this process, I will not be overturning the ban. The rules are documented in the charter, if you do not agree with them then so be it however you still have to follow them to maintain your access to the forum. Your next step is to put your case forward in the Dispute resolution forum. Your initial approach to engaging me will not stand you in good stead in DRP, I suggest that you alter it in that forum if you would like to achieve a positive outcome.

Ok, this is going nowhere. I've asked twice for you to post the PMs and you've been selective twice. Here are some of the others you sent:
    You better be joking!!! What's that about? Explain yourself asap
    You better believe I'm appealing this absolutely ****e modding
    I reported this also? It was trolling. So I reported it. Stop being ridiculous. remove this ban asap
    Well I will appeal this joke of modding. Taking the piss you are.
    Where do I appeal it? I don't really care what you think to be honest. You obviously don't care what I say and it works likewise as you are unreasonable. I disagree on what that rule applies. This site is far too restricted for it's own good. Why do we need mods on a soccer forum ffs. Hardly political or racist comments gunna be found here. :O

So here is where we stand. You accused a poster of trolling, this is against the soccer charter. Yellow card upheld. Your engagement with the mod was fairly appalling. Your engagement with this DRP was dishonest.

Ban increased to 3 months.

Seriously? Obviously appealing this. I reported trolling as well.

Sure thing, the admins will review this as the next step.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,655 ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

I have reviewed this.

The majority of your infraction history has been in the Soccer forum, so in terms of taking lessons from cards already dealt out, it's woefully lacking. And considering you have been disingenuous from the outset with respect to your engagement here, I have absolutely no issue with the CMod's decision to increase your ban to three months if for no other reason than wasting CMod time and the dickish tone of your PMs to the mod while supposedly attempting to discuss this.

Marking this as resolved.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement