Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CCTV on phone when my internet is down

Options
  • 11-04-2021 11:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭

Our internet was down for a few days last week.Just wondering is it still possible to view the cameras on my phone through the home Wifi? I read this somewhere that you can still watch the cameras when the phone is connected to the same Wifi as the Dvr.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭eusap

In the app for the CCTV are you using a web address www.MyCamera.com or a local IP address e.g. 192.168.1.1

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,794 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

Easiest way to check is to try it. Unplug the internet coming into your wifi router and then try the app while connected to the wifi.

Some apps support local access, others don't, so depends on the system.
    eusap wrote: »
    In the app for the CCTV are you using a web address www.MyCamera.com or a local IP address e.g. 192.168.1.1

With most smart phone apps, you wouldn't be able to tell. This info is usually hidden for you. Plus iphone and android have API's to allow for local network access.

I've found some smarthome apps use the cloud when available, but can switch to the local network access when the internet is down.

It comes down to how the app is written and the only way to tell is by playing around with it like the above.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭edward901

I am using the Hik Connect app.When the internet was down last week the cameras were displaying as offline.No images on the phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,138 ✭✭✭emaherx

If using the HiK connect app just add the DVR again (A second instance of the same device).
    1. click the plus to add new device.
    2. select manual adding
    3. change adding type to IP/Domain
    4. Fill in IP address, port number, username and password etc.

You will now see the DVR twice in the APP, but one version will only be accessible locally.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,434 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

With hik connect and the Hik-Vision cameras, you can dial directly into the NDVR when at home.

My brother fits these and that’s what he done to demonstrate it one day.

• Advertisement

How do you go about dialing into the Dvr.Having no luck with trying to add the details manually.Not sure what ip adress to use.If I don’t get it to work I won’t get too bothered about it.Our internet works fine 99% of the time.Many thanks for all your suggestions.

I managed to get the app to work without Internet access.I was entering the wrong IP adress. It took a bit of figuring out. The devel is in the detail that you are entering. Many thanks.

Advertisement