Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir TV

Options
18910111214»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭crinkley

I never watch live tv unless it’s sport, unfortunately I have 10 months left on my eir contract but will be moving or at the least dropping eir tv if this remains the case. Without access to iPlayer I’ll be missing out on a lot of tv

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Bohs92

Yeah I got the same text from Eir. It wouldn't be too bad if Eir had a catch up service for BBC, at least you would have a week to Watch any program you missed, but they don't, and most of my recordings would be from BBC, it's a pain in the ass, Eir have just increased their price too, they should be reducing it if anything

• Registered Users Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭Delta2113

So you have been watching a 6 part mini series on BBC and the night showing part 6 you have to attend a wedding and you will miss the final episode.

Not acceptable in 2024. I would cancel full tv service rather than put up with such scenarios.

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭COVID

I have 'Newsnight' - BBC2 - on Schuedeled Series Link.

I just checked it there and it still recorded last night's episode, Wednesday 17th.

However, I couldn't fast forward.

Post edited by COVID on

Probably gone by tomorrow night.😒

Post edited by COVID on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭crinkley

Out of interest I went to check if the season finale of the Traitors recorded last night and it did! But can't skip - wonder how much longer that will last

• Registered Users Posts: 4,656 ✭✭✭golfball37

I can still watch recordings but can’t fast forward

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Akula

just got my apply tv box. Looks to be last generation and not in an apple box. It’s the one that still says tv on top. Anybody else still getting these or the newer model.

The remote is hideous also.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,986 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

I have an old sky dish with cables plugged straight into my TV

A USB flash drive also plugged into TV for storage

can record BBC no problemo

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,682 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

Nothing really we didn’t know there - maybe questions might have been asked of eir and/or the BBC as to why, after five years of apparent progress on this issue, suddenly things have gone backwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,905 ✭✭✭JDxtra

These "rights issues" are becoming a real pain in the neck here. Pure greed from broadcasters, rights holders and providers. Squeeze or punish the poor Irish consumer.

Look at Switzerland for comparison - here, the exact same product that Eir TV uses is available as an "over the top" streaming service.

All the main UK (yes, UK!) channels are also available in full HD with 7 day on demand service and an ability to "record" 1,000 or 2,000 shows with no restrictions. This includes all the ITV, BBC, Channel 4 and Channel 5 range of channels.

No problem with rights issues there.

There is a reason there is no problem about rights issues in Switzerland.

Switzerland is a special case because local law provides cable tv operators a defence against copyright infringement in the case of services that can be picked up free to air on satellite in the country. Because of this, these services - and loads of FTA channels from around the continent - are being offered on cable in the country without the agreement or permission of the broadcasters concerned.

BBC Studios only offer domestic BBC channels to countries that were able to pick the channels up off air via overspill in the analogue era - Ireland, Belgium, and the Netherlands. They can do nothing about the situation in Switzerland and have to play ball but it’s not their choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Akula

anybody know how to put the remote into pairing mode? Eir instructions don’t seem to be accurate.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Grey123

Why is Sky News not on EirTV?

No Sky channels are apart from Sky Sports Racing which Sky doesn’t 100% own.

It can be watched pretty easily on the Apple TV box by downloading the free Sky News app from the App Store.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Grey123

Thanks. It just seems odd given sky news is generally free and ever on saorview which doesn’t have any other sky channels.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,889 ✭✭✭kooga

bought this on Amazon de to control my Apple TV box as the supplied one was a headwreck and this is far superior and half the price compared to the eir store

Advertisement