Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Add a desk booking system to a website

Options
  • 12-04-2021 9:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,316 ✭✭✭
    ¡arriba, arriba! ¡andale, andale!

Hi, does anyone have experience with adding a desk booking system to a fairly basic (non-WordPress), PHP driven website?

It's for a small-ish, free to use reading room, used by people who are not staff/users already, so the room booking system in Outlook will not work.

The next tranche of restrictions will mean that 3 desks can be used, rising to 16 as we open up fully.

Currently, each desk can be booked for a morning or afternoon session, and there should be a possibility to book multiple sessions.

A confirmation email should go to the person booking the desk, as well as the staff so they can update a spreadsheet.

I suppose an online calendar to see usage would be useful as well.

I did come across GetJoan, and was in email contact with them, but I haven't heard from them in about a week or so. Need to get this in place for May!

Apologies if this is the wrong forum for this query, and mods, please feel free to move to a more appropriate area!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

Would something like MeetEasier be suitable?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭maccored

https://sourceforge.net/projects/mrbs/

set that up on the same server and just link to it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,316 ✭✭✭Speedsie

Thanks for those suggestions!

MeetEasier looks good - but needs Office 365, which we don't have (still use Office 2013)

MRBS looks like it might be a runner though.

Thanks a million, and I'll report back when it's up & running.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,316 ✭✭✭Speedsie

Hi, as promised I've come back with the solution I went with in the end.

It's SuperSaaS (https://www.supersaas.com/).

Does exactly what we require, and will be very easy to upgrade the available desk slots when things open up in the future.

Speeds.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 janamacon

Nice way to solve this. I definitely can see how this can be used in the future.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 janamacon

There are many different ways how you can add it to your website, like installing a plugin, developing a custom code, or just add a link to another website. The easiest technique is to link to an external website, albeit this does not constitute full integration. This is method which I am using as well, because it's easy and efficient. For this purpose, https://unspot.com/en/ is a very good choice. It has all the necessary tools to book the room that you need, and so you can have a schedule with other members of the company.

Advertisement