Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Security camera

Options
  • 12-04-2021 10:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭

Hi,

I am looking for some recommendations regarding security cameras, I need to install 2 of them, 1 to front of house, 1 to back of house.

Has anyone recommendations of some tried and tested security cameras which they would recommend. I have internet and power available where the cameras will be mounted.

Thanks for the help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭.42.

hbab2009 wrote: »
    Hi,

I am looking for some recommendations regarding security cameras, I need to install 2 of them, 1 to front of house, 1 to back of house.

Has anyone recommendations of some tried and tested security cameras which they would recommend. I have internet and power available where the cameras will be mounted.

Thanks for the help.

I have 3 Eufy 2C wireless cameras installed.

Hub is in the house. they have been flawless for a year so far including the Eufy doorbell.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,341 ✭✭✭Fallschirmjager

.42. wrote: »

Hub is in the house. they have been flawless for a year so far including the Eufy doorbell.

i will second that...best choice i ever made, its kinda like apple software quality. no failures, no shutdowns, the cameras work and strangely i got the 3 month battery life ones and they worked for, wait for it, 3 months before a recharge. now to be fair not super high density traffic areas (lockdown and all) but whens the last time a company said something that turned out to be close to the truth. their app is really good, again, clean and works.

one system if it failed tomorrow - i would rebuy.

ps their setup is super simple. no cloud plans, uses your web to send you any info.

only minor gripe is they say it can recognise people before alerting. okay im gonna call BS on that or else i have shapeshifting cat around our house... also it can be picky which eufy cameras you can add, some of their other web ones dont work with the base (so it was last time i looked a couple months back).

the one i have is same as hbab;
    eufy Security, eufyCam 2C Wireless Home Security Camera System. they do a larger camera battery model (like a year) thats for more awkward locations i guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭hbab2009

Thanks for the information, I will have a look, possible to view them on phone?

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭.42.

hbab2009 wrote: »
    Thanks for the information, I will have a look, possible to view them on phone?

Yes. You can view live feed on phone or view recordings on your phone. no need to remove sd cards as the recordings are stored on a 16gb hub.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,016 ✭✭✭✭cena

.42. wrote: »

Where can you get these? Amazon don't have them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭davidconroy46

Are you talking about smoke detectors or cameras? Have you got an alarm system? I'd so what panel have you got?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 luciamartin1

If you are looking for best home security system providers in Ibiza to protect your Home? Well, you can stop yourself from wasting your valuable time right away, We can connect you with our Special Security Team.

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭LastStop

Is there a monthly sub to use these or for saving footage?

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭asgaard

I will stick to the post -I have been thinking to purchase Eufy SoloCam S40 2K or SoloCam S340 3K - both comes with solar panels. Any recommendations on these ones? Is it worth of purchase with solar panels for ROI (weather conditions)?

• Advertisement
Advertisement